Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Cox in a micro??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 05:00 PM
khmoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cox in a micro??

Hello, i have a micro heli here.

If i buy a Colective pitch, would it be posible to use a cox nitro engine as a main motor?

The cox will work at full speed, because it does not have trottle.

Would'nt it work? just use the pitch to controll up and down?

Just a tought.

Anyone understand what i'm saying?

Sorry for my English.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:10 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cox in a micro??

It could work... its probably not the best idea to try it...

The RPM of the Cox .049 is much higher than what the electric motors used in the mictro helis turn. You'd have to re-gear the heli or make stronger mechanics to handle the stresses.

Starting the engine would be a beast of a problem with no throttle an no clutch. Even withthe clutch... you'd have a problem getting the starter out of the way when the thing immediately goes to full speed.

Why not just go get aa "Lite Machines" heli that is inteneded to be powered by one of the Norevel engines and fly a 1/2A powered heli that way... with throttle and collective?