Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Newbie Advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 08:48 PM
AppleCello

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Advice

Im just getting started with RC Heli's, So I thought i might ask for some advice. I dont have any equipment at this point, so Im totally open to suggestions.

Lets start with this:

http://66.70.182.17/Merchant2/mercha...ory_Code=combo

Its a combo kit that includes the Venture 30 ARF, OS 32 SXH engine and torpedo muffler, (either) JR662 radio with 5 537 servos OR the Futaba 6XH radio with 5 148 servos, as well as the Century PG-2000 Gyro. $374.95

Im not too sure about the radio thing, with two possibilities there, but I guess I will have to figure out which one it is...

Let me know what you think about this kit's equipment and the price for it, as well as anything else that may be important or useful,

Thanks

Patrick
Old 07-05-2002, 09:07 PM
flmgrip
My Feedback: (2)

Default Newbie Advice

it is shown kinda tricky and not to clear on their webpage, but i am very certain you will not get a radio/servos and gyro with that combo. they would be loosing big time money, sorry to tell ya

check www.heliproz.com, they have great combos and free shipping...
Old 07-05-2002, 09:22 PM
rotordoc

Default Newbie Advice

AppleCello
I agree with Flmgrip. The combo you direct our attention to only includes the Heli, Engine and muffler.

The combo there that I would recommend would be the Hawk IV combo for $669.95 with the JR radio.
Old 07-06-2002, 03:45 AM
AppleCello

Default Newbie Advice

A few questions, then... What is CCPM and is it necessary? Also, how about the radio? how many channels would be good to have? Is 6 too few, would i be better off with 8? Also, what kind of cost are we talking (total) to get into this?

Thanks