Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Heli training stands

Old 08-05-2004, 10:53 PM
vallon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heli training stands

Can someone tell me of a website that I may get one of those Whiteman heli training stands? I think it will help a lot better than this training device I have now. This thing is week and keeps falling appart. I mean I know I can glue it together but then I won't fit in my car when I take it places.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:04 AM
Charlie

Default RE: Heli training stands

Can someone tell me of a website that I may get one of those Whiteman heli training stands?
Don't waste your money, buy fuel. Those things are way over priced. Once your hovering your heli they are no go anymore, then they set in you basement and collect dust. If your heli is set up right you should be able to hover it with in a week or so (if you keep practicing), so you wont need it after that.

If you don't have a simulator, buy one of them, you will get a lot more use out of it. A simulator will take you right into advanced flying, you will never out grow it.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:59 AM
vallon

Very true. I was still wondering about that because I feel I can get the hovering down by myself. I just still need to get the trim down because it is going too far to the left and forward. I made the mistake of trying to hover it first before taking care of the trimming. Then I can hover it with smaller corrections of movement. Hovering it is closely within my grasp now. I am getting ready to go out and try right now.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Temps

check out ebay but i agree with above there expensive and will just sit there once youve learnt hover hence check ebay
Old 08-07-2004, 11:44 AM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

They're not a waste of money. If there's no one in your area to teach or help and you don't have a lot of time to practice. You can pick one up cheap on E-bay. Its a good training stand to Trim your heli out and get familiar with the controls. I saved lots of money with no crashes. you"ll never have a bad landing with it.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:10 PM
vallon

I am not going to leave anyone out. You guys all have great ideas. I could always get one and after I am done with it, I could use it to help train a friend on it. I have some friends who see mine and want me to teach them how to fly once I learn. But yes I could sit and collect dust if I dont use it for those reasons.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:36 PM
Deleted User

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-19-2004, 07:57 AM
FBaity
My Feedback: (2)

I used one on my Concept 30 for about 10 tanks of fuel, bought it used for $125.00, sold it for $125.00 and I know I saved more than $125.00 in crash repairs.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:16 AM
vallon

Wow sounds cool guys. I will check into it!
Old 08-29-2004, 05:23 PM
pxr5

I made my own from a window blind and elastic band. it looks stupid but it does the job.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:16 AM
JohnY2004

After I learnt how to hover steady and forward flight with the tail always facing me, I didn't make much progress on learning to fly the Double-Square pattern or a Number Eight pattern without crashing. I thought there must be a better way to learn flying this pattern and minimize the crashing and make progress at the same time. I have a camera tripot in the garage collecting dust. I use it to make a training stand to trim my helicopter or practice hovering the helicopter in the square pattern. Make sure the helicopter is secure mounting onto a fixture on the tripot and allowed the helicopter to move freely with pitch, yaw and roll directions. Although I can't simulate the helicopter flying forward, but I can practice on how to balance the forces when the helicopter slowly making left and right U-turns and hovering with its side facing me. I can simulate and prepare for outdoor flying by using the fan blowing air at the wall allowing the air to bounce off the wall to create various wind condition as outdoor.