Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

My servo is buzzing

Old 08-18-2004, 10:50 PM
Ralgh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My servo is buzzing

I have the Futaba GY401 with the 9254 servo and Futaba 7CHF radio. When I turn on the receiver battery the servo makes an inconsistent buzzing noise. It is almost continuous but not quite. There is no load on the servo. It will make the noise even with the control horn removed. I have no experience with any of this helicopter stuff so I don’t know what to think. It does not sound exactly like the noise a servo makes when there is a load on it. Any thoughts?
Old 08-19-2004, 01:22 AM
pilot77

Default RE: My servo is buzzing

its normal ,dun worry about it i had the same question a whiles back. its normal for digitals something about them trying to centre themsleves constantly . though i ms suer someone here could offer a betterexplination than me
Old 08-19-2004, 05:53 AM
changed
Banned

Pilot77,

you hit the nail on the head. Digital servos correct themselves many more times per second than analog ones do.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:59 AM
AutoMike

and because of this they have a higher current drain too. Beef up you on board battery, use 1100mah or greater if using multi digital servos. Better still, 5-cell 1100mah pack with a 6.0v regulator so if a cell ever dies youve got the voltage to carry on and and find the problem with out downing your heli.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:59 AM
ooooo

In other words....you guys are saying this is a "BeeZee" servo? [8D]
Old 08-19-2004, 01:10 PM
Ralgh

Thanks for the info. I’m pretty sure the radio came with an 1100Mah battery so I guess that should be good. It seems like every time I look at this thing I find something else that needs to be fine tuned. I just can’t seem to get the paddles perfectly lined up with each other. They are really close I think. When ever I adjust them they seem to turn too much or not at all. I guess that is just as well because I can’t seem to find time where my local helicopter guru is available that I am available too. I hope to fly this thing some day soon.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:43 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

I have all digital servos on my Raptor 50 (except for the throttle), and I get about 6 tanks out of my 4-A cell 2100mAh NiMH pack... you might want to get a higher capacity pack if you're running all digitals too...
Old 08-19-2004, 10:56 PM
pilot77

Ralph get yourself some paddles gauges. ksj makes some good cheap ones ive used them and they work okay.

heres a link on how to use them

http://www.heliproz.com/KSJpadgauge.html

having said that i have eyed them before and never had any trim tracking or vibration problems