Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Micro copter help

Old 08-28-2004, 09:58 AM
pxr5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro copter help

Ive bought a micro copter and not flown it yet cos ive noticed the tail rotar will only spin when i push stick to the right, and nothing happens when i push to the laft. is this normal? the guy in the shop said that it should spin when you turn left cos the torque from the main rotor causes the tail to move left anyway. is this guy right or is he just trying to fool a completeamature?

thanks everyone
Old 08-28-2004, 10:34 AM
joren

Default RE: Micro copter help

Yes this is normal, in spins only in one direction. It can not be reversed., it stops if you try the opposite.
Old 08-28-2004, 03:21 PM
astronut30
My Feedback: (5)

Yep, it only spins in the direction the tail tries to move to counter the main blades, as you move the stick in the other direction it slows down and stops as the torque of the main blades automatically move the tail the other way...
Old 08-28-2004, 07:05 PM
pxr5

Thanks, just wanted to check that before i risk going into a hover. i still havent got the courage to take of yet but its my first day