Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Fun Stories!!

Old 08-28-2004, 07:15 PM
vallon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun Stories!!

Ok as I am finally getting my hovering skills down a little but. I can now hover keeping the copter in about a 10 foot square. So I can now do this in my driveway. I am in my driveway and some neighbors see it and want to watch it so I get to show it off to them as they were amazed. Yesterday I had it out in the driveway again as a few cars would pass by and slow down. I saw a teenage boy in one car just laughing in amazement as he saw the copter hovering and still yet bouncing a long the end of the driveway. I boy and his dad and dog go walking by. Thankfully the dog did not even look at the copter but the boy and dad were amazed and started talking and wanted to watch. Today nothing really big but just a guy goes driving by and looks at it in all smiles and waves at me, and kids across the street start running out of the house so I decide to pull it up to about 5 feet so they can see what it is they are hearing. But it has been fun. If you have any stories, post them here! Would love to here them!
Old 08-29-2004, 02:58 AM
AutoMike

Default RE: Fun Stories!!

LOL...not heli related but here goes. I live about a block away from the city park and one weekend I took my wireless video gear and put it on my Traxxas Stampede. I can easily reach the park from my house and had a blast following kids around and watching them tring to see who was running the car. Some would even walk to it to get a better look and as they did I would back up a bit for every step they took. Didnt take long to freek them out. Then there was the moped I chased down the block and circled when he came to the stop sign. He followed my car back towared my house so I jumped the curb and ran between houses and down the ally to lose him......I still have that all on tape somewhere... gosh that was fun...
Old 08-29-2004, 03:22 AM
camra88

lol that sounds like home alone 3
Old 08-29-2004, 10:56 PM
aero528
My Feedback: (9)

you think you could post the tape or is it on vhs? if its on vhs then nvm. sounds funny!
Old 08-30-2004, 07:59 PM
Leon

I got one,

Last sunday while down at the sports hall, one of another modelers lipo packs went, all three cells swelled right up, so much so that they burst the shrink wrap and where too hot to touch, so we set them aside well away from anyone, just incase, and carried on (it was safe to do so) every so often somone would go over and check how they where, anyway I saw a guy called john go over, and inspect them, I couldnt resist, so as he got to them and reached down to pick it up, I snook up behind him and clapped my hands right behind his head, you should have seen him jump, everyone was pissing themselves, I think john was litterally though
Old 08-31-2004, 04:30 AM
kakemanx

Heheheh...

cruel...cruel....CRUEL.... but very funny
Old 08-31-2004, 06:40 AM
josephantonfernando

I got one, although not heli related.....

I got my wireless cam and put it on my old rc car along with a walkie talkie and started driving it round my block, although i was sitting at home watching on the tv where it was going, you no what i mean, i could see coz of the cam. Any way i decied to cross the road and as i did my rc car lost radio range right in the centre of the road!!!!!!!!! I didn't think any cars would come coz its a very tucked away road but to my luck a huge (well it looked huge in the cams view) 4X4 mistusbishi (i think thats how u spell it) came roaring up the road![X(][X(][X(][X(][X(]
i jumped outta my seat and ran towards the window, but for some reason i still couldn't get control of my car![] any way as i struggle trying to get range again the 4x4 just carried on up the road geting closer and closer[X(] before i knew it had drove straight OVER my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!, and mean OVER, the car didn't get hurt at all, it simply went under the 4x4. After woulds i realised the battery was dead in the controller.

Close call, i wont be doing that again,
well i might. i can post the tape up here but i dont no how!!!!![&o]
Old 08-31-2004, 03:03 PM
vallon

Wow! That was a scary one. Mine is not funny but we had like a picnic at the Church and the kids wanted to see my copter. So I showed it off and let it go up about 10 feet in the air and I think they were pretty amazed but they alway seem to want to see it go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up in the air. That is all I seem to get. Can you make it go a lot higher? I tell them no I am still training to hover. I guess it must look easy to fly while watching because everyone acts as though I should fly it. I tell them you just don't understand. If you tried it you would understand.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:10 PM
Leon

If you tried it you would understand.
bad idea saying that, that only leads to them constantly saying, "lets have a go"
Old 08-31-2004, 05:47 PM
vallon

Oh I know, Leon. I so far had one kid want to fly it. I told him you go get your own, and show me you can fly it, then you can fly mine. lol