Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

newbie to rc helis...

Old 08-31-2004, 11:52 AM
Sarges_heroes2003
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie to rc helis...

hello,
I have been in the army as a helicopter (they call them "rotory wing aircraft") mechanic for quite some time. I like it and its really cool seing the birds fly when we get done fixen 'em.
Any ways, I was wonderin if there were models of the military helicopters the army uses here in the rc world. the planes have there "war bird" models so i thought maybe the helis have theres.
A black hawk would be cool and a cobra would look awsome right next to it.
Do the scale helis fly like the reall ones?? i know u guys use os engines (good thing cause i don't have the tools to do jet engine over-haul) so that would be within budget.
are there any kits out there for military helis or would i have to make a cover for a raptor or some thing.
thanks,
sarges_heroes2003
Old 08-31-2004, 12:06 PM
joeb102072
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: newbie to rc helis...

This hobby has gotten so advanced the only real question that remains is, do you have enough money if the answer is yes then anything is obtainable and I do mean anything. I have seen videos searching the internet of military aircraft so realistic given the correct angle of attack the picture would probably fool the most seasoned veterans into thinking they were real. Realistically that may be an overstatment, but do a search in this webiste for the pictures and I am sure you will be amazed. In this hobby there is nothing money cannot buy. I have even seen a turbo prop heli on a video most impressive to say the least. You will see most of your average heli guys do run the standard glow engines. YS, Os and so on. But the really awesome ones are the scale versions cobras, hueys etc... Then there are the jet turbines f-16's F15's and so on. Bottom line skys the limit. Do a google search for RC jets helis and what ever sparks your interest you will see some amazing things.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:41 PM
Sarges_heroes2003
My Feedback: (6)

thanks im entering a heading in another browser right now for that google site.
as always,
sarges_heroes2003
Old 08-31-2004, 05:08 PM
wisdom-seeker

It's true that you can get good scale models that fly, but if I were you, I would first learn on a relatively inexpensive generic heli. It doesn't make sense to buy an expensive scale model to learn to fly as it is nearly inevitable that you will (possibly severely) bang up your first trainer model.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:07 AM
Gizmo420

What he said