Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Honey Bee v1 Tail Trim Changes

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Honey Bee v1 Tail Trim Changes

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 02:39 PM
jeff250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honey Bee v1 Tail Trim Changes

My esky v1 when I trim the tail to stay in one place , trim set a few clicks to the left, only stays for about a minute then I have to start flying with the stick to the right or land and retrim it. Near the end of the battery I have to hold the stick further to the right or if i were to change the trim it would be almost all the way to the right to make the tail stay straight, is this normal as the battery discharges for it to change this much? Another thing I noticed is the servos or servo make a little noise sometimes when it is on the ground or when i touch it but don't see no movement of controls.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:49 PM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Honey Bee v1 Tail Trim Changes

i notice mine changes in two ways

1. the way you stated, when the battery discharges i notice i have to retrim it.

2. when i change the throttle trim, it changes how much positive pitch you get on the main blades and i guess the main motor creates more torque causing it to want to spin. Now i dont know if the gyro is supposed to compensate for this with the gain setting or not.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:37 PM
laser_204
My Feedback: (1)

im having the same problem.a fully charge battery and it swings the heli to the right.i have to adjust the trim the whole time im tryin gto hover.any one know if theres a fix for this.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:39 PM
laser_204

im having the same problem.a fully charge battery and it swings the heli to the right.i have to adjust the trim the whole time im trying to hover.anyone know if theres a fix for this.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:38 AM
laser_204

ok guys i fixed my tail so it doesnt turn the nose that much anymore,now i can hover alot better.oh heres my setting for TX and RX.i know your settings will be different but this might help you guys out.its a start.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71203.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	249167   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12667.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	249168   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71894.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	249169   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv54887.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	249170  
Old 03-26-2005, 01:42 AM
laser_204

sorry about the double post on the last one not sure how that happend.ok for the pic's notice the white out i put to mark where it works the best for me.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:54 AM
laser_204

i hope this is ok to put up a pic of my hawk sport with my bee.i havent flown the hawk yet i just got it.for right now the bee is my flight sim cuz i dont have the cable to hook up receiver to pc.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43728.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	249178  
Old 03-26-2005, 03:19 PM
jeff250

I just starting adding more and more proportional. Now it still won't hold even a freshly charged battery and the tail is loosing control. Think the tail motor has gone out , unless the 4 in 1 is bad. Going to put a new tail motor in it after I order and receive the new one. Will post back after I try that. Always had little glitches now and then, ever since its second flight.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:30 PM
laser_204

jeff did you try my settings?where is your rx wire at?do you have it around the tail or the one skid?you want you wire around the skid not the tail.i did that cuz the guy at my LHS told me to wrap it around the tail and that damn heli went nuts.1 more thing if you notice on my tx pic's i have 2 marks.the one to the left is a full a battery the 1 on the right is a low battery.im talking about the tail motor setting only(third pic) and 1 more thing i did notice that if you have a hard landing or crash reset the rx unplug the battery and try again.works great for me.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:53 PM
jeff250

I've tried my old settings that worked and a few others tried your settings as a last resort. My antenna is around the skids down low not on the carbon fiber. I'm going to try a new tail motor.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:55 PM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

my first tail motor the front bushing behind the gear came loose, the tail appeared to still work normal but made slight funny noises, but it was hell to try to keep it flying the tail was all over the place because the gear would sometiemes catch and sometimes not, so inspect that carefully.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:06 AM
jeff250

It is the tail motor , when I turned it over by hand it tightens down in places. Took it off today.
Wandering if anyone knows the cheapest place to get tail motors. Heard on some post they were around a dollar , all the sites i see are expensive and i seen them for about 6 dollars on ebay but the shipping is 8 . This is going to be expensive if i keep loosing tail motors . Read other post were some have went 30 flights . Mine only has 13 flights on it.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:02 AM
jeff250

Just so I don't mislead anyone, I put a new tail motor on it and the trim still changes during battery discharge.