Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

wheel collars on trexs flybar?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

wheel collars on trexs flybar?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 10:17 PM
colrod12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel collars on trexs flybar?

hi all.
i'am in the process of mellowing out my trexer, (so the little monster and i can get to know each other better) as i have just given it a home and there needs to be some understanding between, it and me. it is, dang good!! and i'am not!!..
so my question is, i've read that you can calm the thing down some if you put wheel weights on the flybar (readit here actually)
well i have 4 of them left over from a honeebee2, would these work? and would they have to be put in the same place as they are, on the honeebees?.. (2 on each side) i just want to hoover around for now thats all, this baby wants to go ballistic.. and i am not ready for that yet.[&o]
thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:00 PM
GroundMagnet

Default RE: wheel collars on trexs flybar?

Colrod12

I'm sure they wouild work if they fit on the flybar. I beleive that the further out the more tame it will be.

There are other things that will help also like a little expo will go a long way. Also the hole your using on the servo.

Tony
Old 05-17-2005, 07:49 PM
colrod12

ok thanks i got an airtronoics super 6ch tx and are reading up on the expo setup in the manual.. thats exactly what i need to do, slow down the servos reaction time, and also i am goin to change the zbends for ball links i hear this also helps
Old 05-18-2005, 09:01 AM
Norrmannen

Personally, as a beginner, I prefer duals over expo. If you use expo it will be even more twitchy if you need big stick movements, with duals it's just less twitchy all the way. You can turn it up again when you need more movement.
The ball links help some.
Have 2 wheel collars closest to the paddlers on my Rex, helps quite a bit.
Removing slop and/or binding on elev/aileron helps quite a bit.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:38 PM
colrod12

GROUND MAGNET IS RIGHT AS YOU ARE, AS WELL... THE FURTHER OUT THE BETTER... BUT WHERE DID YOU FIND THE WHEEL
COLLARS, FOR YOUR TREX? IF YOU DONT MIND MY ASKING I WAS GONNA USE 4 FROM MY HONEEBEE2 BUT NOGOOD TOO SMALL[]
Old 05-28-2005, 10:39 PM
colrod12

found the wheel collars 3/32 dubros from t/hobbies, have put them on and alls i can say is
wow!
am now reading up on expos and duals.
I defenitly need less travel from the servos.[&o]

thanks for the good advice guys.[sm=thumbup.gif]