Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

BEC needed???

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 07:50 PM
NMRider
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEC needed???

I have been flying (crashing!) a fp heli with an all-in-one receiver/gyro/esc so I am stupid when it comes to this sport and the all of the technical aspects of it. So on with the question:

I am building a X-400 with mega 16/15/3, CC -35a, etc... It is my understanding that the BEC is integrated into the CC-35a, is this correct? If not what BEC should I get and what purpose does it serve?
T
hanks,
James

Old 05-18-2005, 10:29 AM
Moe3754
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: BEC needed???

The 35 already has the bec in it so nothing is needed at all just read the owners manual and it will tell you about the the bec in it.Also you need to program the 35 and set the cutoff voltage depending on what type of battery you are using with the heli.The bec takes the place of a battery that is needed to power the receiver in the heli and that is it's purpose and to power the servos.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:12 AM
NMRider
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks Moe,

There seems like there is quite a bit more to learn about these electrics than what I remember about electric cars and nitro planes from 20 years ago! Wow, 20 years, it's scarey to reference things of the past sometimes!![X(]

James
Old 05-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Moe3754
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

Your welcome you need any help just e-mail me and I will be glad to help I have two Electrics and love them both.