Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

nexus 30

Old 06-30-2005, 02:36 PM
floatyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nexus 30

I'm thinking of moving from my little honey bee 2 into a 30 size glow. I am budget restricted. I have been looking a new raptor kits but after i buy all the radio gear motor etc etc it becomes very expensive. A second hand nexus 30 has come up for sale. RTF for around $400.00 US. Radio,gyro and everything. Owner says it has no crashes and a great motor.

Would this be a good start into a glowie? I know the Raptor is better. But considering the price? All opinions welcome. If i go with this heli what should i pay?

thanks
Old 06-30-2005, 02:54 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts
Default RE: nexus 30

What gyro and radio does it have?

Big difference between a computer radio and a Skysport 6 and a Heading Hold gyro and a helimax piezo.

Biggest problem with the Nexus is parts availability. Other than that its a capable trainer heli but don't expect alot of aerobatics out of it.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:48 PM
hellofacopter

I just sold my Nexus because I couldn't get parts for it anymore. So the first time you have a hard landing and bend something, you just blew $400 and it will sit in the basement for the rest of your life. Get the Raptor 50. I know what you're thinking, a 50??? The Raptor 30 and 50 are the same heli's, except the 50 has a bigger motor for more power. I'm glad I got the 50. Heck, spend another $40 and get the OS .50 Hyper engine. Mine started the first time I put the starter to it and idled very nice. My OS .30 never idled good at all.

After flying a Nexus and now flying the R50V2, its like driving a Chevette (Nexus) versus a Corvette (Raptor 50). I just ran my first tank of fuel thru the R50V2 today, very nice machine and you'll be able to get all the parts you need for it.

You get what you pay for.

Old 07-01-2005, 12:44 AM
floatyboy

Yeah i know. Actually i'm not that keen on a 30 size. I have been focused on the Raptor 50 for a long time now. Its just that at this stage i will only be able to afford a new kit with motor,and me being inpatient i will want to fly straight away. I saw the nexus and thought its way cheaper and i could fly straight away.

I think its false economy though. I think i will buy the raptor 50 and just wait a while to get all the radio gear i need. Should i consider a second hand raptror 50? I live in new zealand and its not cheap to buy here. About $1100.00 nz for the kit only,new. My wee honey bee 2 is very finicky to fly. Will a nice Raptor 50 be a peice of cake compared to the HB2?