Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

What To Buy. New Or Used. 30 Or 60

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

What To Buy. New Or Used. 30 Or 60

Old 10-16-2002, 05:10 AM
Gunkel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What To Buy. New Or Used. 30 Or 60

I am looking to buy a helicopter, hopefully a somewhat comlete setup. I learned to fly about 15 years ago one summer, about 30 flights, haven't flown since. I am quite sure technology has changed ememsly, but I am ready to get back into the hobby. I hve about 1000.00 to spend, any comments on which model and size are the best, and have readily available parts? Should I buy New or Used? Any and all of your comments will be greatly appreciated!!
Old 10-17-2002, 10:24 AM
scott36
My Feedback: (54)

heres my story..
as iam a beginner also.
i first bought every thing new cost overe 1000. bucks,heli ,motor ,radio gyro,sim ,hawk 4 it was,as well as needed extras,ect.
then after finding out the hawk was hard to get the parts support
i found a used raptor for 500 ponys with every thing needed to fly,love this thing even more than the hawk ,parts were easyr to get ,theeeeeeen i found a nother raptor .30 for 325 with out the radio gear,striped the hawk a now fly the raptors,now the biggest reason i went with the raptor was cause of the parts were easy to get.
for starting out i was tod that the .60 would be to costly .
i would start with a .30

look at these if you like..
raptor .30
caliber .30
jr cp .30

just my input here.
have fun too.

and LET THE FORCE BE WITH YOU..
Old 10-18-2002, 04:19 AM
Gunkel

Thanks Scott for the reply, sounds like good advice!!

Greg
Old 10-22-2002, 02:40 PM
Culverson
My Feedback: (14)

There are so many good 30 sized helis out there. I have a mint Hirobo ZXX I'd sell, nicest one out of 4 Hirobo's 3 ZXX's-1RG. These are great performing heli's not just because I have one F/S, but do not hesitate to look at the many other out there too. Raptor by TT-Century Hawk-Hirobo-Xcell-JR heli's-and few other brands. I do not mean to sell you anything you do not need. Please research before you buy.

Plus on the other hand it helps your skills building a heli, if you bought one used I would recommend you tearing it down while reading every step in the manual of any used heli as well. You never know if everything is lock tited-torqued correctly until you do it yourself. DIY it helps a lot on learning to repair one & service later.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:09 AM
Gunkel

Again, thanks for the good advice!!

Greg