Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

collective to fixed

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 03:06 PM
TheGiftedOne
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default collective to fixed

is it possibly to convert my esky honeybee to a fixed pitch? the collective is very difficult and ive that fixed pitch is a little easier. is it as simple as taking one of the servos out? thanks
Old 07-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Sabot

Default RE: collective to fixed

are you sure you've set up your rotor head properly? i had a hummingbird and moved onto a CP heli without noticing much difference
Old 07-21-2005, 05:03 AM
GroundMagnet

The only time a FP is easier to fly then a CP is if the CP isn’t setup right. They are more responsive and every aspect. They deal with wind better (but weight as a lot to with this also) A FP is easier to setup and easier on the wallet in a crash but there’s no comparison to flight characteristics.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:47 PM
Sabot

Yes indeed

are all your servo linkages ok? and the pitch? steeper pitch will give you a lowe headspeed wich will may help out, also check the balance and trims
maybe -1 to +15
Old 07-21-2005, 01:14 PM
TheGiftedOne
My Feedback: (1)

the copter flies fine, its just me. i suck at it. im always crashing, but suprisingly, the only thing ive broke is the blades. i was just wondering if its any easier. im thinking about maybe buying the megatech housefly or the hyrobo copter. there pretty expensive though. i may have to wait untill Christmas. thanks guys.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:27 PM
deli_conker

I'm flying a FP right now and can't wait to get my Trex up and going. FP is pretty hard to keep still. I don't have crashes anymore, but I do have more than enough hard landings. The plus side is that it is cheap and easy to repair.

Good luck.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:00 PM
GroundMagnet

Get a SIM this will help a ton for hovering
Old 09-04-2005, 10:05 AM
wheeld

you probably have same problem I had. factory error 2 washers reversed on both sides next to outter bearing allowing main collective to move smoothly. all seem to have this problem fix easy 100 percent improvment small washer should be next to bearing not large one. easy to check just look next to main blaces at two outter washers. chage both sidesl