Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

BAttery - Fly Time Upgrade Help...

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

BAttery - Fly Time Upgrade Help...

Old 10-07-2005, 10:11 AM
iamamin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAttery - Fly Time Upgrade Help...

Hello,

I have purchased an Esky Honey Bee 2, and i am a newbie....

i want to get a new battery to increase fly time. It currently has a !QUOT! Ni-Mh 2/3AAA 7.2V 300mAh!QUOT! battery.....

Can i use bigger batt's or can some one please advise a battery i can use? I have seen 11.2v and 8.4's... i have also seen 7.2 with more mAh.... I am new... but definately want to have fun with this new Hobie.

Thanks for your help!!!!
Old 10-07-2005, 10:49 AM
thecheatscalc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BAttery - Fly Time Upgrade Help...

most people go with a similar voltage li-poly, you can usually multiply the stock battery mAh by 3.5 and buy the lipoly that's the same Mah rating as the sum, you'd want to go with a 1000mAh battery, but to further increase flight change to a GOOD brushless engine, my 420LF (to much power for this heli) for the same size has twice as much power at the same current draw, it's not quite the same size a little smaller but still much more powerful. with the proper brushless system and a 1320mAh li-poly, (you can get bigger because the motor is stronger) you should get flight times of over 30min.