Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Blade CX info and Q's

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 09:07 PM
TRAXXAS829

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade CX info and Q's

I'm considering getting into this hobby and am looking for the best heli under $200, and found this one. I'm also looking for something that I won't get bored with. So how does the BCX sound? Also, is this any expensive hobby if your staying electric?
Old 03-16-2006, 09:28 PM
chickenx5

Default RE: Blade CX info and Q's

you will get bored with the CX after a while im sure. Go with the Blade CP ready to fly comes with everything needed for 220$ just 20 dollars over but its a huge difference
Old 03-16-2006, 09:39 PM
johnnyf

if you are new to the hobby get a blade cx and read Radd's sschool of flying- follow it and you will be flying without crashes in less than 2 weeks- if you don't you will break many parts- i have never flown before-now i am confident i can hover really good-can't wait till spring
Old 03-16-2006, 11:54 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

I think you will get bored with the Blade CX at some point also (upgraditis affects us all ), but it's a great beginner heli. I use mine to get practice while I'm getting my first glow heli ready to fly. I still can't hover nose in, so until I can, I won't consider myself bored with it.

If it's all you fly, and you don't crash too often, the initial $200 or so will be all you'll have to worry about. Once you get into larger E-heli's, the price goes up considerably.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:42 AM
DEFLYER22

The Blade CX or HB Esky lama 2 are good beginner helicopters and they are easy to fly. Good helicopter to learn how to fly a RC helicopter if you do not have any experience on this. The Blade CP or HB ESky CP2 is the 6CH helicopter and they are more difficult to fly and it will take longer to learn how to fly too (I am sure you will have some crashes when learing these helicopters). So it is depend how you want to start with this hobby. [link=http://www.linknety.com/modevideos/demo/index.php]You can check the flying video to see how the helicopters fly here.[/link]
Old 03-18-2006, 02:57 PM
TRAXXAS829

Thanks for all your help. When the time comes I think I'll be getting the CP. Thanks again.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:32 PM
johnnyf

if you buy the cp make sure you buy spare parts for your crashes!!
Old 03-20-2006, 12:19 AM
CXela22

Hey I got a CX. Under 200, yea u can buy it for that much. Save 300 cuz if u never flown one b4, or the first week, ya ur gonna crash it. Well good luck flyin!

CX first!
CX will teach you basic mechanics and basic flight
CP is a big step (according to the Hobby store clerk) and after you practice a bit on the CX about 8 months, CP will be a cinch

CX you can fly in your living room on your couch! Hey its your choice, and they might say that CX gets boring after a while (untrue for me) but seriously, I dont think ur ready for the CP.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:28 PM
PHIL I.

I would recomend the CX first. It is easier and not as frustrating as the CP. Yes its a perfect moders copter but a GREAT LEARNERS PLATFORM to. You can fix most anything in 1/2 hr.It comes with the only tool you really need. A MAGNETIC phillips head screwdriver for the (jesus there small[:@]) screws. I would recomend an extra battery $30,a set of both upper & lower blades $3.99 FOR set of 4 and the aluminum upper rotor head $21.99. The WORST thing about the CX is the settings for yaw change with battery power. I ended up taking the 4 n 1 RX out of its box and using the double sided tape and a small rubberband to hold it to the mounting pad and cutting a cooling hole in the cockpit canopy. For fumblefingers me...the jesus ( READ SMALL) screws are a pain in the .......[:@]

As for flying. My living room is about 25X30. My BIG problem is that that dam magentic sofa that PULLS the CX into it. I'd get rid of it but people would have no place to park their ....... The table in front ot it is a great landing pad tho......

HAVIN MORE FUN.....
PHIL I.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:03 PM
CXela22

coudn't have stated it better my self.

(Im vauge[X(])

the magnetic phillips is nice, but i charged it with a supermagnet. When i drop a screw and use it to find it, it picks up ALOT of dirt and dust!()
Old 04-05-2006, 01:31 AM
crxef9

why do someone insist its better to get on to CP and learn from there instead of the cx?
Old 04-07-2006, 09:49 PM
2 feathers

I guess everyone is a bit different...sometimes its good to learn using the hardest option first that way no matter what you try after that everything seems easier.

They say the CX is an easy helicopter to fly for beginners and show videos of "first timers" flying it without crashing in crowded places like livingrooms...thats a bit of a laugh cause a first time helicopter pilot tends to over compensate on the controlls and usually ends up hitting the wall or slamming into the ceiling or other room furnishings...although it is pretty easy if you have a big wide open indoor space like a school gym or something but still a very first timer will still not fly like a pro untill they atleast get used to the feel and movement of the helicopter...not to mention setting the trim levels so the bird doesn't drift off and away into something...lol

Personally I would start with the cx cause you can fly it in the house with practice...its a good rainy day machine...lol
Old 04-17-2006, 11:07 PM
foxracer1119

I went with the lama 2 for my first heli, and am still using it. I wouldnt go for the cp yet because of the collective/ pitch (not sure of term). I know that when i finish using the lama i will buy a cp probably.

Starting on the lama and cx are liking riding a motorcycle w/ semi auto transmission, less things to learn how to use right away. The cp will complicate things, but you wont have to buy a new heli once u finish w/ the basics.

Have fun!

P.S. Yes those screws are way to small [:@]