Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Banana Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 03:57 PM
BananaHobby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Banana Hobby

ORIGINAL: j301

ORIGINAL: BananaHobby

Pete, can you take a look at post # 200, my order # was yhst-39858413893234-31897.

I am very sorry about the delayed response. It sounds like the ESC is not sensing the lowest throttle position therefor not arming at the get go. Before powering up the transmitter, make sure the throttle stick is to the lowest position and the throttle trim (small vertical black tab on the right side of the left stick) is to the lowest position as well. Then power up the transmitter and then the aircraft. You should hear a few initializing beeps and it should operate normally. Make sure also the ESC is plugged into channel number 3. Please let me know if this works.

Pete

Pete, I replaced my 2.4 reciever with my Futaba FM that I use for my E-Flite Sea Fury with a Turnigy 40 I programed for a 3c 2200 lipo. Trying all the same procedures still no audible response from the s.c. and no motor function. Still have servo control with the FM as well. This is my 4th electric, but mostly fly nitro, so I am familiar with the radio functions and I don't feel is a tx/rx issue at this point. Is there anything else to try, or is it time to switch out the s.c.? And about the other part, is that possible as well?

Message me your order number and I can see what I can do about shipping you a new ESC.

Pete
Pete, any update on the ESC?

Did I send you a PM saying it was shipped? I am so behind, but I do not want to not resolve this for you!!

Happy Holidays!

Pete
Pete, I didn't recieve a PM. Does that mean it hasn't shipped yet?

I shipped out an ESC but I am having a difficult time locating the tracking numbers. Can you message me your original order number so I can better track whats going on. Sorry friend.

Pete
Old 12-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Rodneyhoyle

Pete,

Thanks for the info. If she called my work(985/345-1760), then the girls in the front office dropped the ball. I did not receive any e-mails about the problem, but, you have been on the ball and I appreciate that. As I previously stated, I have about 50+ years in c/l & R/C aircraft, but only a few months in helis, thanks to Hurricane Katrina, Gustave, and Ike. I have a KB2 and thought it would be good for parts if the 09' (item 1750-showing in stock on BH website)was just an upgraded version at $249.90. With that said, I see item #1751-Belt cp @ $239.90 is showing stock on the web and I was wondering if the parts may be interchanged if , I mean when I next crash[>:]lol. If you know you will get new stock soon, I don't mind waiting a couple weeks. Remember I recently purchased 2 of the battle tanks from BH and plan on having fun with them this Christmas. I am currently flying a co-dauphin inside and have the KB2 almost hovering outside. I am still sorting out all the tech and setup stuff on the KB2 and have found out quickly how much more concentration is required to handle these helis, but I have done minor damage mainly blades and am chugging along. If the #1750 will not be readily available, and the #1751 has no interchangeability, please advise and maybe you could suggest an alternative bird.

Thanks for your rapid response and very valuable help.

Rodney(still in heli diapers[sm=cry_smile.gif])
Old 12-11-2008, 08:52 PM
j301
My Feedback: (12)

Pete, can you take a look at post # 200, my order # was yhst-39858413893234-31897.

Did I send you a PM saying it was shipped? I am so behind, but I do not want to not resolve this for you!!

Happy Holidays!

Pete
Pete, I didn't recieve a PM. Does that mean it hasn't shipped yet?
[/quote]

I shipped out an ESC but I am having a difficult time locating the tracking numbers. Can you message me your original order number so I can better track whats going on. Sorry friend.

Pete
[/quote]
Old 12-15-2008, 10:30 PM
absolutepressure

Hey everybody, I'm a new comer here, and as others before me I found this thread very informative. I actually stumbled upon it while I was searching for a coupon code as I was in the checkout section. It haulted me in my tracks, and also disheartened me initially because BH was the only site selling the plane I wanted to buy. (The Skylark Glider. It's a present for someone else for Christmas.) Seems like a cool plane for an absolute beginner, but anyway...

I just wanted to say that I'm glad that the ethics behind this company have taken a drastic turn for the better. The BBB now rates them in the CC category, quite a step up from the original F. It appears that the parent site is yahoo, paypal accepts them as someone they are willing to do business with, and this site lists them as a certified trading plus member. I'm quite suprised that these notable outside sources have ranked/hosted them to this level in such a short time given thier horrible past. I'm guessing a lot of that is due to Pete's character (Which I would've never guessed from looking at you. I'm not trying to say you look like a young hoodlum, I'm 21 myself, but I'm saying that for someone of your age you have a business acumen and level of maturity that precedes your age.)

Despite not being able to get a hold of anyone by any phone number (which still worries me) I have very recently made my purchase based on the level of trust others have shown you, your own personal reputation to be lost should things go unattended again, the security of paypal, and your quick responses on this forum.

I trust that the plane I purchased is in stock, pristine condition, and will be dispatched within the advertised 1-3 business days. If so, I'll be sure to inform those such as the BBB whom have been given bad reports in the past that Banana Hobby has indeed improved.

Also, I may want to purchase something for myself in the future, all of this shopping around has left me wanting something rc! (and not the lame walmart ones I've had in the past, lol)

I'll send you a PM to follow up, I belive that'll probably send you an email notification if you don't get around to checking this site. I'm a huge fan of quick responses.

I look forward to a trouble free future!

-Mike
Old 12-17-2008, 10:48 AM
absolutepressure

Well, I just got an email at almost midnight last night that I read this morning from [email protected]. It said that the plane I wanted was out of stock[:@] So now, I just ordered the thunderbird glider which apparently the website says is not out of stock, but I guess time will tell.

If that is, people, I really need some help. I'm looking for a good rtf beginner plane for no more than $85. The cool thing about those gliders is they did aerobatic moves too, so something with those capabilities would be nice. It's finals week and I don't have time to look right now. Any planes you know of/find would be really helpful. PM me with any ideas.

Thanks!
Old 12-17-2008, 11:57 AM
BananaHobby

ORIGINAL: absolutepressure

Well, I just got an email at almost midnight last night that I read this morning from [email protected]. It said that the plane I wanted was out of stock[:@] So now, I just ordered the thunderbird glider which apparently the website says is not out of stock, but I guess time will tell.

If that is, people, I really need some help. I'm looking for a good rtf beginner plane for no more than $85. The cool thing about those gliders is they did aerobatic moves too, so something with those capabilities would be nice. It's finals week and I don't have time to look right now. Any planes you know of/find would be really helpful. PM me with any ideas.

Thanks!

Can you please message me your order number and I can see if I can suggest you a better airplane. I have been out of the office since Friday. I got caught in a blizzard and was snowed in the mountains and just made it back in town . I was not able to meet a number of needs and a number of messages. I will promptly answer them today.

Happy Holidays!

Pete
Old 12-18-2008, 05:14 PM
absolutepressure

PM Sent
Old 12-26-2008, 08:36 PM
JoeBts

yhst-39858413893234-36634 Pete this is my order i just placed not to long ago.If is not to late i like please to make it a RTF . That is my first jet plane , i want to see how it is.But i m working on is to get is the::::New 2009 6 CH BlitzRCWorks F/A 18 Hornet Aerobatic Radio Remote Control Electric Ducted Fan RC Fighter Jet RTF w/ Super High Speed 90mm EDF From BananaHobby.com . I m looking forward to do bussiness with you .Thanks Joe Bts.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:21 PM
sanman55

I really like the looks of the new and improved sr-71. If I preorder do you wait till it ships before you charge my credit card???
What happened to all those people who bought the old and not so good one?
On the vido's I would like to see some mention of the throttle positions,, wot all the time or less sometimes. On the blackbird it did show your hands and it looked wot.. Will this bird fly at 1/2 throttle for just cruising?
Thanks Sanford
Old 12-29-2008, 04:15 PM
BananaHobby

ORIGINAL: JoeBts

yhst-39858413893234-36634 Pete this is my order i just placed not to long ago.If is not to late i like please to make it a RTF . That is my first jet plane , i want to see how it is.But i m working on is to get is the::::New 2009 6 CH BlitzRCWorks F/A 18 Hornet Aerobatic Radio Remote Control Electric Ducted Fan RC Fighter Jet RTF w/ Super High Speed 90mm EDF From BananaHobby.com . I m looking forward to do bussiness with you .Thanks Joe Bts.

Joe, an email was dispatched to you stating that the coupon code was not valid any longer because we lowered the price. Would you still like to purchase the A-10? Sorry for the inconveince

Pete
Old 12-29-2008, 04:17 PM
BananaHobby

Sanford, the version 1 and version 2 do not differ that much. I did not fly at WOT the whole time. I use throttle management. For the video, I was showing the performance so I did fly more at WOT than I usually would. The 71 slow flight is really good. I do a few slow passes in the video and you can see it performance. Thanks!

Pete
Old 12-29-2008, 08:48 PM
JoeBts

Pete..Thanks for the reply, i have received your Email.Yes i just did a new order RTF for the A-10 .(yhst-39858413893234-37008).Remember i m working on a budget for the "New 2009 6 CH BlitzRCWorks F/A 18 Hornet Aerobatic Radio Remote Control Electric Ducted Fan RC Fighter Jet RTF w/ Super High Speed 90mm EDF"" I have DX7 Spectrum (AirPlane Type) with spare receiver. i got some servos that came with dx7 will they work? Also i got a Align 75 amp(22voltsmax) ESC , and 2 11 volts 2100MA 25C lipo that i was thinking to use on that Jet!!! I may just need a ARF F/A 18 but looks like i may need a Batery ??!! 80 dollars is that correct?Jan 17 we have a little tournament here In MYRTLE BEACH a small one Just for club Members , i like to have the A-10 by then i will have my fingers crossed because UPS is real busy this time of the year.Pete so far thanks for all the help.I will use more (yours) the other email for future transactions . Give me a feed back when you can .just please dont run out on me on the F/A 18.
Thanks Joe Bts
Old 12-30-2008, 07:36 AM
sanman55

never mind..
Old 01-01-2009, 08:55 AM
sanman55

I am sorry but I have to vent on new years day. I have been reading a thread on rcgroups about a guy that has a f-117. From what i have read so far he is very new ...Seems like a really nice guy but the questions he is asking shows me he is not ready for this bird.
I read your site about this plane and it states its flys so nice that it is recommened for a beginner. BULL... no edf is ready for a beginner esp. one with elevons . And 70mph.. yea right , I sure he is ready for that.. It might be cool to see how many pieces it can break into when it hits the ground at that speed.....
I think its sad that it is advertized as that....it give a very false sense of security.
As anyone knows who fly edf's .. there is a differience. They don't respond on throttle as well and you have to be careful or you could easely be in a stall..
With elevons if you do not use elevator input in a turn it most likely wont.
People see these great birds fly and say I can do that with not experience whatever.
You need small imputs on these birds or you will rock all over the sky.
I think its sad that these planes are put on the market that way.....
I know and see pete is trying very hard to help... but the company needs to be honest and recommend experienced help on these birds.
[&o]
I try and help all I can .. I know how fustration can set in but to tell someone who has NEVER flown that this or that is a GREAT bird to learn is BULL...Some might disagree with me and thats fine but you won't change the way I see it. With a flight sim. it is possible but not likely. Just be honest about this.........
Feel better now.... Happy new year to all........
New years res.. more venting for me..
Sorry to all about this but I just get fed up with all the crap. Its hard enough for experience pilots to get the planes they want and do what they say...
Old 01-07-2009, 10:17 AM
GreenMutt

Burnt by Banana Hobbies - Wish that I would have found this site before I purchased my heli from Banana Hobby. The transmitter channel 3 is dead and the battery is used and will not except a charge. Recommend that everyone stay clear of these clowns. They do not answer emails, their own chat room or the phone.

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS!!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 10:46 AM
sanman55

green.....yep, its sad that this happens.. I tried an email to find out when the sr-71 airframe would be in. I sent 2 and finally got an answer that They would answer in a day or two.......wow...
I won't buy there.. I think Pete is trying but he is fighting a loseing battle..Sorry Pete...they are useing you too..
Old 01-10-2009, 09:28 PM
j301
My Feedback: (12)

Hello all, I thought I would give you the final rundown on my experience with Banana Hobby. In a nut shell I placed an order, received confirmation the next day and got the package in about a week. That was the good news, its all down hill from there. I quickly found my airplane was missing a piece that attached the nose wheel to the airframe and its not as though I could just run down and pick that model specific part up, yet that issue was brushed aside several times. Also the speed controller was bad as it would not arm the motor. First let me say that Pete is the only one who would attempt to reply to my problem, but would only do so through the use of boards like this one. I don't think this is a good way to communicate with customers as boards can go dormant, close, or even be moderated, not to mention its impersonal. Second, all my postings, with the exception of the first, included my order #, yet every reply I received asked me to PM my order # to Pete so he could look into it. That tells me there is a certain lack of attention on his part. Third, after playing PM tag and re-posting, each time sending my ORIGIONAL order #, this was somehow confused and Pete then assumed I received a replacement ESC since the ORIGIONAL order # showed as delivered. I had not received either ESC or new order # or tracking information. My last response did to Pete received no reply. All in all I believe that Banana has missed the boat.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:09 AM
Johnny83VA

I'm with you,GreenMutt. I was also ripped off by BananaHobby.com. Unlike you, I did not receive any defective parts. My story is as follows:

I checked out numerous websites, trying to find the most affordable gas-powered R/C vehicle I wanted, and found that Banana Hobby offered the better deal. I decided to make the purchase when I saw on their site that they ship orders within 1-3 days. I placed the order on a Saturday night, so I expected to receive my toy no later than wednesday of the following week.

After I placed my order, I had a question about whether I needed to buy additional parts and accessories. However, when I tried calling, there was no answer. I called later and I heard a busy dial tone. I called again, and again there was no answer. I spent all day calling and calling... all to no avail. I even tried their Online Live Support.

Needless to say, at this point, I'm getting very impatient and worried at the same time. The money was retrieved from my bank account in no time at all, but the status of my order was not updated for a couple of days. During this time, still no luck contacting Banana Hobby. I checked the status of my order on Wednesday, a day after I was expecting my toy, and found a tracking number, FINALLY! So then I went to the UPS website and entered my tracking number for a more detailed status. All it said was "Billing information received." I called UPS and they said that what this means is that the shipper, in this case Banana Hobby, had sent the information, but not the package. They also suggested contacting "the shipper" to find out what's going on. When they said that, I thought: If only you knew... At any rate, I gave it another day, then checked the tracking number's status only to find that it had not been updated.

At this point I'm thinking that it would have been better to spend more money either at another website or at a local store. This way, I would have already had my toy instead of waiting for someone to pick up the phone.....
Anyway............During the time that I was waiting for my product to arrive, I was inpatient to start playing with it, ancious to see it, to touch it and drool over the tricks and speed that the product I had order could have performed.

I decided to contact my bank and file a credit dispute then proceeded to file a complaint against BananaHobby.com on the
Better Business Bureau's website.

As if this weren't enough, BananaHobby.com advertizes that all their products are manufactured by "Blitz R/C Works." You know what I say to that? I say: Blitz R/C Works... yeah right. That factory doesn't even exist. So, where does Blitz R/C Works come from? From Banana Hobby's owner's imagination. What is Banana Hobby? They are middle-men and sell products cheap because they are manufactured in China. They advertise making you think that you're getting a decent product, when in reality, you're not getting your product or your are getting a defective product and sometimes you might be 'lucky enough' to receive the product you ordered in good conditions'.

Anyway............During the time that I was waiting for my product to arrive and still no response or updates from BananaHobby, I decided to visit a hobby store, I went to Hobby Town USA and I asked one of the sellers about their RC Nitro Trucks....He helped me choose the truck I was looking for......at banana hobby, I was going to get New 2009 1:10 Tyrannosaur V2 Radio Remote Control Nitro Gas Off-Road Truck because, it was my first time ever ordering an RC nitro truck...But, when I went to the store yesterday around 1m, I left the store at 1:30pm with a brand new "SAVAGE X 4.6" with a 2.9 HP".

Because of the GOOD customer service, and the attention I received from the seller, instead of just buying 1 thing, I decided to buy the truck and all the accessories that I needed. total cost? Almost $600......at bananahobby for the 1:10 scale truck it was about $180....It's a "Cheap" price but, an expensive experience.........Now, I don't care how much I have spent for my new truck, the good thing is that.....after tuning it, I was able to enjoy the rest of the afternoon having the rc truck of my dreams.

To those of you out there wanting to purchase something over the internet. SEARCH FOR THE COMPANY'S REVIEWS before 'giving' them your money.......I didn't do that.......That's how I payed the price with banana hobby.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:17 PM
bad400

why on earth would you think if you order something online today you`ll get it tomorrow,it takes 1 to 3 days just to process your order than 1 to 2 days for it to leave the company another 3 to 7 business days thats (working days monday thru friday) for it to get to your house,you expect way to much
Old 01-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Sturmgewehr
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: bad400

why on earth would you think if you order something online today you`ll get it tomorrow,it takes 1 to 3 days just to process your order than 1 to 2 days for it to leave the company another 3 to 7 business days thats (working days monday thru friday) for it to get to your house,you expect way to much
I don't know if your being fecicious, but it does not nessessarily take that much time to process and ship an order. A GOOD company can process and ship much faster then the time frames you qoute. I placed an order with HeliDirect on Thursday and my order was shipped on Friday. Good business IMO.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:14 PM
JoeBts

hello. for all of you out there i just received from BANANAHOBBY.com my A-10 Rc airplane brushless version after a week of the order been placed was Delivered ok every thing works, on my first flyght i discovered that one Fan was unbalanced that was manifacture falt or who putted together .There is a Motor shaft adaptor that holds that Fan the screw that hold it was loose and made that fan wable and got so loud.I only was able to hear it on high RPM but not on the ground.how ever That was a easy fix.Remember that you always should check any internet purchased merchandise before you operate it . How ever all what i m trying to say is that so far i have positive impression from them .I m planing to get the F/A 18 90mm Jet . I will Up date this site when that occurs also i will try to make some videos . What i wish was diferent is the performance of that A-10 a little more speed would help. But that is ok My kids are happy seen it flying. Thanks ALL

JOE BTS[8D]
Old 01-11-2009, 09:01 PM
bad400

ive order parts and helis from alot of online stores alot of them more than once and always had different shipping times.ive never got a part or heli in 2 days, i too have order from helidirect.first order 6 days second order 11 days so you must be one luck man or you live next door to the company you are ordering from.never in my life have i got an order less then 5 working days NEVER, and ive been ordering online for 6 years.i wish i was you id get my orders in a day
Old 01-11-2009, 09:07 PM
N1pster

Don't know how it works in the states BUT in the UK for my heli parts...

I can order anytime upto 3pm and get the parts next day - and that's recorded (signed for) delivery.

For my computer and electronic parts the cut off is 10pm for next day delivery and again recorded.

As for the cost, well depends on weight but the last heli parts order, 600N flybars, DS520 servo's and a balance adapter - $5.00, and the last electronics order a 22" LCD monitor / TV - $8.00

Sounds like you guys in the US are being sold well short on your deliveries.

I know some US heli pilots have ordered from [link=http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/]Fast Lad[/link] and had their stuff within a week, given the strength of the dollar over the pound atm, I know what I'd be doing.

Hope it helps
Old 01-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Sturmgewehr

ORIGINAL: bad400

ivnever in my life have i got an order less then 5 working days NEVER, and ive been ordering online for 6 years.i wish i was you id get my orders in a day
No need for sarcasm. I never said I received the order "in a day" as you say. I said they shipped next day. Doesn't matter if you live next door or around the other side of the world. Processed and shipped next day is next day. I too have been ordering all kinds of things online for many years, and some business's are top notch when it comes to processing and shipping orders and others could care less when they ship out as long as they have your credit card info. I once placed an order with an online company called RainierArms out of Washington state which is all the way across the country from me for an ACOG and received it three days later with USPS priority mail.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Sturmgewehr

ORIGINAL: N1pster

Sounds like you guys in the US are being sold well short on your deliveries.
Not all of us. Well, bad400 maybe.
Trick is to find good vendors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.