Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Trex 450xl with Hacker A20-6xl motor

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Trex 450xl with Hacker A20-6xl motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 04:45 AM
Leon_Nel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex 450xl with Hacker A20-6xl motor

Hi, I need to know if this is a good motor to run with the t-Rex. I am currently running it after the standard align motor and esc burned.
I also need to know what pinion to use. I am new to electric, but have been flying (Trying to) Raptor 50's for a while now.
NO 3D YET
Old 06-07-2007, 10:26 AM
ptb

Default RE: Trex 450xl with Hacker A20-6xl motor

[8D]It's supposed to be an excelent motor, but most people don't use them because of the price !
Try a 12 tooth pinion to start, check head speed and amps, and adjust from there.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:12 AM
Leon_Nel

Hi PTB, Thanks for the reply. I got this motor at half price from a friend, installed it with a 15 tooth and the 3s lipo got a wee bit hot, changed to a 14 tooth and it seems to run ok. I dont have the tools to check what the head speed is, but it sounds pretty high. hover is stable, but climb outs are not very impressive. Pitch is -8 0 +8. I dont know if altitude could be a factor, i am in the highveld Pretoria, South Afrika, about 2000m above sea level. Setup is T-Rex 450XL CDE, Align Carbon blades, Jeti 35Amp ESC, Align's Gyro (Not very Good, but stable enough i guess)
Would a smaller pinion not drop my RPM's more? Which elements affect your climb rate?
Old 06-08-2007, 05:05 PM
pdubs

id also like to know about this motor.. thinking about changing out the 430L to this can for some more punch.. readyheli suggests using a 16 or 17 tooth pinion gear. http://www.readyheli.com/Hacker_A20_6XL_p/a206xl.htm
when you say its getting a bit hot.. how hot is it getting?? can you temp it?