Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

DX-6 Switches

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 08:39 PM
DarkSkunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX-6 Switches

Sadly I crashed my T-Rex today, all-be-it, not too bad. I was flying my CP first and then went to the Rex. My CP has the idle up switch on the upper right but I have not been able to assign the idle up to that switch on my Spektrum DX-6 (My gryo hh, dr is also in an odd place). I flipped the supposed idle up switch and the throttle cut and by the time I got it back on it was a bit late. So my first questions are:

1. How do I change the switch locations?
2. The switch that cut the throttle, does that have a name and is that simply how you would do an auto-rotate?

After getting home and trying to assign the switch correctly (without luck). I started doing ground tests with the switches to see the response. So my other questions are:

3. What is the throttle cut button exactly? I held it down and it seems to slowly drop throttle, is this more of a gas feater?
4. What does the trainer button do? I presume allow the buddy controller to take over?
5. Are there naturally dual rate options on the heli? This radio is a combo for planes and I'm not sure if heli's take the dual rate features as well.

Any help would be appreciated. I think I'm going to a DX-7 next. This thing is a bear to program in my opinion. I need some kind of visual to work with.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 06-08-2007, 02:09 AM
mrasmm

Default RE: DX-6 Switches

1), just change the location on the cp remote. It's in the wrong place relative to all the other heli remotes out there =) Just open it up and the collar that is around the outside is like a screw, undo that and push it through, then swap the trainer switch with the idle up switch

2) Throttle hold is the one that cuts your motor's power and puts it into auto rotation =) that is on almost every remote except the esky on the right hand side, and the idle up is on the left. Eflite has it backwards =)
3) see above
4) the trainer switch is for a buddy box so that someone can either each you how to fly, or you can teach someone else how to fly without a real big risk of loosing the heli to crash and without having to pass the box back and forth.
5) there probably are, but I think the cp is responsive enough without dual rates =)
Old 06-08-2007, 05:44 AM
DarkSkunk

Good information. I assumed the CP had standard locations because they were not changable (electronically). I'm going to do what you said on the CP concerning the idle up location. So I presume standard is the upper left spot? I'll search the forums for that info.

For the T-Rex's DX-6, does anyone know how to change the switch locations on that? I still have some odd switch placements and I'm pretty sure it can be done electronically.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-08-2007, 05:53 AM
tippy

DarkSkunk:: ... 3. What is the throttle cut button exactly? I held it down and it seems to slowly drop throttle, is this more of a gas feater?
Throttle Cut is a gas "feater". It is how to shut the engine off from the TX which is a "feater" electrics don't need. Generally, it is not active until the throttle is at or near idle.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:00 PM
techrtr

Throttle hold is also a nice feature to have on electrics. After you've landed, you can hit the throttle hold so that if you accidentally push the throttle stick, your heli is not going anywhere. I've bumped the stick and had a heli take off on me. Pretty scary.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:04 PM
mrasmm

ORIGINAL: DarkSkunk

Good information. I assumed the CP had standard locations because they were not changable (electronically). I'm going to do what you said on the CP concerning the idle up location. So I presume standard is the upper left spot? I'll search the forums for that info.

For the T-Rex's DX-6, does anyone know how to change the switch locations on that? I still have some odd switch placements and I'm pretty sure it can be done electronically.

Thanks,
Mike
yeah idle up is normally on the left side.

I dunno much about the dx6 and changing switches. Are you wanting to change it to match the cp tx or something?
Old 06-08-2007, 04:08 PM
DarkSkunk

I think I might be ok actually. The only other screwy switch location I have is for the Standard Rate vs HH for the gyro. That's not much of a deal though as I pretty much never fly in standard rate.

Thanks,
Mike