Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

which one to get

Old 04-26-2008, 04:09 PM
DIABLOTAC78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which one to get

im thingking of geting a raptor 50 titan , my budget is 1000€ . question is it for beginers like me ? cause i dont have any experience flying heli or airplane. and which is the best radio, gyro . etc. etc.?
Old 04-26-2008, 06:53 PM
planepounder

Default RE: which one to get

If you really have NO experience, and no one to buddy box with you, spend your first money on a simulator, the highest quality you can afford.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:15 PM
mgarciah

A 50 will be great for starting, you are lucky, but first fo all, if this will be your first time and you have no experience, get a friend that knows, or get closer to a helicopter club before trying ANYTHING!!, ask for help, some guys think they can fly a heli because they read the manual or they can understand easily the theory involved... FORGET IT!.. NO WAY!! without doubt this condition will lead you to a crash and your investment will be gone easily.

For the rest of your question
Gyro 401Fut
Radio Not critical, just the one you feel comfortable with, of course with Heli programming and at least 6 channels
If you look for help they will help you to get the best system for you.

Good luck!!!

Old 04-27-2008, 07:06 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 152 Likes on 123 Posts

You can spend the money and get a good radio like the 9c or 9303 or you can get a DX7 and get everything you need to fly that heli, don't get less than a 7 channel radio because at some point you will want an rpm governor and if you only get a 6 channel radio you will be out of luck.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=836 is a review of the Titan with some build tips.

I'd reccomend the 401/9254 gyro/servo combo and 3 9252 servos, the throttle servo can be whatever is handy a 3151 is cheap and works great.

An OS 50 hyper engine with an Align pipe is also a great and reliable combo

Good luck and welcome to the heli forums!
Old 04-27-2008, 08:33 AM
DIABLOTAC78

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

You can spend the money and get a good radio like the 9c or 9303 or you can get a DX7 and get everything you need to fly that heli, don't get less than a 7 channel radio because at some point you will want an rpm governor and if you only get a 6 channel radio you will be out of luck.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=836 is a review of the Titan with some build tips.

I'd reccomend the 401/9254 gyro/servo combo and 3 9252 servos, the throttle servo can be whatever is handy a 3151 is cheap and works great.

An OS 50 hyper engine with an Align pipe is also a great and reliable combo

Good luck and welcome to the heli forums!

thanks for all the tips guys!!!

BarracudaHockey, i was counting on your reply and thanks for the heads up. i was thinking to get the dx7 and sim first and get the raptor and engine on xmas . does the dx7 includes servo and rx or do i have to buy it ? can you give me a links for gyro , servo, tx shop?

thanks

diablotac
Old 04-28-2008, 03:34 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 152 Likes on 123 Posts

The DX7 ships with servos that are unsuitable for a 50 nitro. I would get it without servos and purchase servos separately. The set without servos still includes a reciever.

I get a lot of stuff from http://www.espritmodels.com or http://www.heliproz.com
Old 04-28-2008, 03:51 PM
DIABLOTAC78

barracudahockey ive read your review about the raptor 50 and i noticed one of the tool you use for the build where did you get the greaser ? anyway can i also use the dx7 for simulator or do i have to buy simulator package ? thanks again for your reply [)]