Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Is There A Helicopter?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Is There A Helicopter?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 08:02 AM
Deftones123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is There A Helicopter?

that is capable of 3d flight but is the size of a blade cx2, and can be flown in a backyard?
Old 06-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Deftones123

Default RE: Is There A Helicopter?

been looking at the venom night ranger 3d micro, its 13.5 inches in length compare to the cx2 which is 17 inches long, are the night rangers any good?
Old 06-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Henry Bowman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Contact this guy...John

www.rchobbyhelicopter.com
Old 06-30-2008, 03:53 AM
GAU-8

these helis are all IDENTICAL.. (i have several of them and can confirm it)

(but some of the heli magazines consider them all different because of the brands and actually have DIFFERENT scores/reviews on them. go figure. basically i think a company sells the helis to several customers, and then the customer just add thier stickers, and canopy designs to it. it is all ONE THE SAME. even the TX/RX is the same.

exceed: FALCON 40

ef: SABER

venom: NIGHT RANGER II

walkera : 4#1

there are a few more as well. again these listed above are EXACTLY the same heli. best way to figure out if you see another heli that looks identical/simialr, see if you can find a picture of the transmitter it uses. if it is IDENTICAL to yours then it is the same heli. (except stickers...those will vary) if the transmitter looks DIFFERENT..then it has different electronics on it, and you cannot swap them out.

now there are some SIMILAR helicopters. Some/most of the parts are interchangeable, but not all. you have to do some research. what is important is that the electronics are DIFFERENT, both TX, and RX wise compared to the helis listed above. you cannot mix-n-match them. it is all proprietary.

esky: HONEY BEE (uses a 3in1 RX..not a 4in1 RX, as those listed above.)

selective R/C: DARK NIGHT (unsure of electronics..but not compatible with those above)

trendtimes : DRAGON (unsure of electronics..)

aerohawk micro : EP (unsure of electronics)

twister: INDOOR

for the original 4 listed at top of post. you will find them twitchy, and finicky. but a blast none the less. they are not outdoor helis for sure. unless you have ZERO wind. be VERY easy with landings, it doesnt take much to wad the skids up ... best FIRST upgrade to get is

-7.4v 900 to 1300 mah LIPO battery. (less weight than the 8.v batteries. longer flight times.)

-SUPERSKIDS landing gear (add weight, but makes it considerably tougher in the landing dept.)

hope it helps.

BTW, there is a forum here for the FALCON 40... i go there often, good birds, but on the cheap side. but an excellent tool to get into the helis.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_48..._1/key_/tm.htm see ya there.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:05 AM
Deftones123

out of the two between the falcom 40 and the walkera 4#1 what one would you reccomend?
Old 06-30-2008, 08:59 AM
dooleyje

ORIGINAL: Deftones123

that is capable of 3d flight but is the size of a blade cx2, and can be flown in a backyard?
Try the Gaui 200. 1/2 the size of the 400-450. Fly in doors also.

Jim
Old 06-30-2008, 09:46 AM
Skarn

What Dooleyje said. The Gaui 200 is the absolute best micro heli I've seen to date. It does cost a lot though.

Skarn
Old 06-30-2008, 10:51 AM
EpoweredRC

yeah this is a great heli I was able to watch one fly in person, its great, but no way i would spend the cash on something that small, unless I had a indoor plane to fly it.

BTW you can fly it outside, the guy I seen fly was in about a 5mph wind.

ORIGINAL: dooleyje

ORIGINAL: Deftones123

Try the Gaui 200. 1/2 the size of the 400-450. Fly in doors also.

Jim
Old 06-30-2008, 01:39 PM
Deftones123

I would get one of those but like you guys said I dont have 450 bucks to throw around right now
Old 06-30-2008, 02:50 PM
GAU-8

WHOAH!

I ACCIDENTALLY MISSED SOME INFO... not trying to mislead you here.. i forgot you stated "3D" capable for the back yard..all of the helis i posted above are FIXED PITCH. while i am not saying a FP heli cannot do 3D, but you are very limited to what you can do. i have seen a few funnels performed on them, and maybe a loop or two, but from extreme hight to get it to work without crashing.

as others have recommended i would say the GAUI....

sorry if i confused/misled you.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:35 PM
VulcanGrey

Take a look at the Walkera H1#b (CP but with a tail motor) 555mm rotor span $119.
or even better the Walkera H1#a (CP belt driven tail) $200-$244 with metal head

I have the H1#b, flies pretty nice, easy to repair, and a tough little bird. The fan tail isn't the best but it is pretty sensitive.
The belt driven tail would be much better.