Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

blitz works tornado

Old 01-05-2009, 04:39 PM
dkapit8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blitz works tornado

anyone here how the tornado is
Old 01-05-2009, 04:50 PM
bad400

Default RE: blitz works tornado

i dont but i have seen the videos by pete.and am seriously thinking of getting one.or maybe the prototype.i shot pete an e-mail on these heli`s.he tells me he personaly tests everyone of them.and that the came up with a name on the prototype,but he didnt say what it was.they look like real good heli`s
PS.the price is low right now just to get them in the market.but when they start selling good they will go up 1 to 2 hundred dollars more than they are now.another good heli to look at is the skyartech.another heli company that tests every heli that comes off the line.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:54 PM
dude7422

ORIGINAL: bad400

i dont but i have seen the videos by pete.and am seriously thinking of getting one.or maybe the prototype.i shot pete an e-mail on these heli`s.he tells me he personaly tests everyone of them.and that the came up with a name on the prototype,but he didnt say what it was.they look like real good heli`s
PS.the price is low right now just to get them in the market.but when they start selling good they will go up 1 to 2 hundred dollars more than they are now.another good heli to look at is the skyartech.another heli company that tests every heli that comes off the line.
hi i seen some where that artteck is linked with walkera and we all know that name check the walkera home page
Old 01-05-2009, 05:18 PM
bad400

art-tech is junk. skyartech is not the same.and walkera is probaly the first rc heli company.walkera is a good heli
Old 01-12-2009, 05:47 PM
cw4rotorhead

Be aware that the only place to get parts is from BH. IMO it is NOT for a noobi. The radio is not programable and the documentation is for the birds meaning whatever trim setup is done before you get it is what you are stuck with unless you know what the switches and knobs do and how to set them. The sim that comes with it will not work for me on VISTA so it is useless. On other sims, the radio creeps both laterally and fore & aft regardless what you do with the sub trims.

As you can tell I am not happy with mine. The collective servo sticks, as I found out after the fact. First attempt at flight increasing throttle/pitch almost to max the servo went from zero to full. Guess you know what happened next - so much damage almost need a new one. Shipping - Radio was loose, bent tailboom and severly scratched radio. Motor was loose and stripped main gear and the list goes on and on. If Pete really did set this up before shipping well I will leave it at that.

I live overseas so sending anything back is cost prohibitive. I learned a good lesson - buy something that is proven.....
Old 01-12-2009, 07:41 PM
bad400

see thats the thing, thats what we get here in the states from overseas companies, they know it cost us more to ship it back and 9 times out 10 we wont send it back. so we get junk.it usualy a return or like you say a scratch and dent item,so they send it to use just to get reed of it, what do they care they just sold the same heli twice this time they know it wont came back
Old 05-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Mr.Roberts

whatever you do don't buy the blitz rc tornado it's a piece of garbage that i got from banana hobby. BH themselves refuse to help me in any way. the phone is always busy and no one returns calls. The heli itself is not the best that's out there and although i've ben at this hobby for about a year now . i can say that as a motorcycle mechanic of 32 years I know how things work and are put together. This thing is a flinsy peice of crapp . don't waste your money. but above Al Else STAY CLEAR OF BANANA HOBBY. SPREAD THE WORD..
Old 05-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Mr.Roberts

I noticed that my Tornado jumps around on the floor when i attempt to fly it and that's because the shaft appears to be shightly bent. and i did not crash it. i also noticed a small wire in the center of the shaft that is supposed to change the pitch. That is engineering at its worst. Is there another type of shaft that can be used lets say from the falcon 400 itself that would work? I have to change the head or just keep the heli for parts for a build up scratch kit. The other day the esc got too hot and smoked a bit. 299.00 wasted. I'm so angry at banana Hobby. what am i to do?
Old 11-20-2009, 04:54 AM
Mr.Roberts

don't wast your money on the Tornado it's a piece of crapp. Mine never got off the ground and the music wire in the middle of the main shaft is lame. Don't do it.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:57 AM
Mr.Roberts

warn every one about banana hobby. they are a poor excuse for a hobby shop and their tech assistance is a joke. BAD NEWS WARNING WARNING DANGER WILL ROBINSON.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:05 AM
Mr.Roberts

I have wonderful news for anyone who owns the walkera airwolf cb180Q or the 180-D. As you may or may not know the tail rotors break easily. they are hard to come by because they are backordered. There is a product called Marine tex that they sell at marinas you want the one for fiberglass. mix part a and b and what you will get is something that will hold the broken blade in place at the base. I did it and tested mine and it works. for more info feel free to email me for a photo of the stuff at [email protected] or call me I don't mind . I'm here to help 718 624-1987 morning hours from 9am to 100 pm
Old 02-21-2011, 07:27 AM
stateline6000

yes i got one what a mistake the cant take any type of crash no matter how minor just turning it over will fry the main gear. but if you can fly it without ever doing even one bad landing i guess it would be ok to get.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:42 PM
Newpilot9

I started with a Walkera 180Z and learned to fly that. These things are great for a 2D machine. Then we put the WOW kits on it with the paddle type flybars. Its much harder to fly, but very agile. So we thought it was time to step up to a 3D machine.

So I bought a Blitz Works Tornado and after playing with it for 6 months, its a piece of junk. Its built so poorly that it will never fly right. Its cheap for a reason. Banana was a drag too. It came with the wrong manual for the TX and there is no way this thing was ever flown before I got it. I skid it around a bit but its never stable. I think its really an Art-Tech and that explains the quality.

I hear all the bad stories, but I followed my heart and bought a Walkera 450V flybar-less, 3D. Its fantastic! Its easy to fly, reliable and it flew perfectly right out of the box. Its as easy to fly as the fixed pitch CB180Z. I bought it from WOW with the upgraded motor. Yes, it cost more... but it actually works. I have been flying it all summer and just had my first crash.

Don't waste your money with Banana or the Tornado. Go straight to the Walkera V450 3D and spend time flying instead of fixing!!!