Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

NEW J Perkins / Twister Aggressor 2.4

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

NEW J Perkins / Twister Aggressor 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 06:14 AM
Stutz Jr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW J Perkins / Twister Aggressor 2.4

I love my Twister Medevac (being very similar to the Blade CX2 as far as I know) and this new heli looks like a little beauty:
Twister Aggressor 2.4

Has anybody seen / tried this heli yet?
Old 02-02-2009, 10:59 AM
bad400

Default RE: NEW J Perkins / Twister Aggressor 2.4

never seen it tell you told us about it
it does look good and all the writeing on it makes it sound good
whats the price in american dollars i might want one
Old 03-03-2009, 09:44 PM
ARP

G'day

My 14 yr old son just boughht one and its fantastic well made and most Blade CX2 parts fit. The 2.4ghz radio is well made. very stable flight and the low voltage warning light is very useful. would highly recommend.

Cheers
Old 06-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Yankee68

First off... Hi people

I've been in and out of R/C for a long time, always had an interest in Heli's but the cost has been what's kept me away, then Ican to Australia, and the cost became a bigger factor.

Anyway, long story short, I just got a Twister Aggressor 2.4, as recommended by my local hobby shop owner (who is an avid flyer), I really like the fact that the radio gear can be removed and installed in something else.

Make sure you have a big place indoors, outdoors is ok, if there is NO wind. It's not super fast, but it's fast enough it will run into something before you react :S I've had to replace two of the rotor blades so far, if you have the patience, cyanoacrylic (hobby grade super glue) can be used to fix broken rotor blades. I also used some packing tape to reinforce the rotor tips (about 1/2" wide strip) this doesn't effect balance or anything like that.

My problem is, I can't seem to get the thing trimmed properly, it wants to always drift to the left and back, I've gone as far as moving the trim all the way right, 2 marks off center seems to be the closest Ican get it. The fore and back trim isn't as much of an issue, the problem is I can't get a stationary hover without a lot of input from the Tx. Suggestions? I've tried what the instructions suggest, adding throttle until it's just at the "lift off" point and making the adjustments. But lift off gives the same result, a lot of input from the Tx to remain stationary.