Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Limited range?

Old 03-30-2009, 05:20 AM
niteliter
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Limited range?

I am curious about the RX's on both the Blade 400,and the Esky CPV2,they are both the single rx without the remote unit,are they very limited in range,say like 100 feet or under, I ask because sunday I flew both at a field that was pretty big,and the 400 got maybe 75 feet away and it looked as if the blades just stopped turning and it feel from about 30 feet,straaaiiighhht down,only about $30.00 damage,have the parts ordered already,a newbie here just wondering if I need to add the remote to both these heli's.and is the remote unit something that just plugs into the main unit,or it has to be purchased as one unit?
Old 03-30-2009, 06:25 AM
joshseigler

Default RE: Limited range?

you should get alot more than 100 feet alot more and if your rx has a plugin on the side of the rx the you can plug in the remote rx to it but if not then you would have to get one that has both
Old 03-30-2009, 06:42 PM
niteliter
My Feedback: (1)

ok, was very curious,and no I have two spare AR6100's,I think the AR6100E has the plug port on the side for the remote,oh well, cant get lucky allll the time........
Joe.....
Chesa. Va.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:35 AM
jerrymac
My Feedback: (2)

As far as the range goes, you should be able to fly it till you can't see it anymore. Generally you would only need a remote receiver in a much larger heli as the signal may sometimes get blocked out. To my knowledge the AR 6100 and 6100e have no provisions for adding a remote receiver. You would need at least the 6200.