Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

New fly

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:30 AM
twoslick2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New fly

I took a look at the Heli-Max AXE CX Micro. Anybody got any experience with this heli? I am new and want something to start with. Something that I can do indoors and maybe outside on a calm day. Thanks for any help!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:36 AM
phillipmorris

Default RE: New fly

I nearly ordered that one, did read a recent thread it may have part issues, one member flew it for over a week and the tail blade came off and crashed, perhaps not the quality your after...

Realize you want something reasonably priced, but I can tell you right off you get what you pay for...

This one certanly isn't for everyone but if your having issues after a coaxial, I would strongly suggest the Hirobo SRB Quark, its the best qulity model made in the mini size and will fly outdoors in calm weather, its the winner, have one and flys exactly like the static hovering FMS models in the Free Flight Simulator, its really an amazing heli, took me right up to the CP series...

You can start here if your patient, check the Rad method..found the Eflite Pro 2, but flew it after a couple weeks with the FP Fixed Pitch Quark...loads of power and it amazingly stable even with the rear tail motor, I was stunned on this one, but be prepared it has loads of power and I'm just getting it to hover, tho over 2 minutes now, I'm ecstatic with the Pro 2, abit more but at around $250 its actually a bargain..if your really confident just might pull it off right here....but do the simulator practice at least to start, easier to hit the restart button then keep crashing...

See what other have to offer, took me awhile to find these two beautys, wasted too much time on Honey Bees, get something that flys, my favored

Eflites micro MCX coaxial, true indoor micr flyer, $129 not bad entry, its really a blast

Hirobo SRB Quark, find immediately what the correct design and quality is about with this one, its perhaps the best mini available, but $350, turned out worth every pennie as I needed something that actually flew correctly, it does and then some, get it if you can afford it, you won't be sorry...quality all the way here..

Eflites Pro 2, like the price at $250 and its a bargain as also flew right out of the box, its a winner, can you handle the power here, be ready, I'm hovering but now entering the CPS, at last..<>..

Tons of models out there, some fly well, many unforutunately do not and are poor quality, do some research and check the threads, it should lead you to the right path, above worked for me todate, BEST ..<>..
Old 04-06-2009, 08:29 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

I'd surely be interested to know how the tail blade could come off and cause the crash of a co-axial helicopter.

Here's my experience with it.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...rticle_id=1075
Old 04-06-2009, 09:18 AM
noobflyer01

i believe phillip may have confused the axe cp with the axe cx. axe cp- collective pitch with tail motor driven, axe cx- co-axial heli, no-collective, no tail motor,
Old 04-06-2009, 06:07 PM
twoslick2

I'm thinking the quark may be the way for me to go. Any more suggestions ? I want to hear them!
Old 04-06-2009, 08:38 PM
phillipmorris

Ooops, thats amusing missed that was a coaxial, yep was reading on the Axe Cp, gads..

Just a note, the Hirobo is the best out there, I would suggest it for those who really want one that does indeed fly out of the box, I've had tremendous luck with mine...espeically if you've had any issues with the bargain basement FP, look no further, this one does it..<>..

Don't overlook the coaxials, I like the Eflite MCX really a beauty, but loads of neat Lama's at bargain prices and will get you started, believe that was my first heli, lasted several months of abuse, just that the micro Eflite handles very well for indoor..<>..

I believe the coaxial will help on coordinating the dual sticks needed later down the line, neat simulators out there as well, I've only used the lowly FMS, but even this freebie helped alot on the heli experience, at least have that one..<>..

Here's a link to my first Heli Co-co Lama V3, have it in high freq, but I would buy the $89 special, you may find them even cheaper, not a bad starter, found the Eflite Micro abit better for indoor tho...but hey, save some money still get the practice..

Co-co Lama V3 Coaxial
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/rc_helicopters_89_ctg.htm

Note in the start of the learning phase on helis, your using two sticks simultaneously, abit much at the start but with the coaxials you'll master this rather quickly as hover rather well, one stick controls the throttle and yaw nose going left to right, master this one stick first, then other stick is forwards and back, and sides left and right, usually most start with the heli facing away giving the correct response to the sticks, but when the heli faces you things reverse, so practice with the heli facing away at the beginning..Good Luck..<>...

Abit more here, some suggest to skip the Coaxials, actually they are loads of fun and inexpensive, most fly rather well out of the box, much different tho when you move on to FP or CP, then things change quickly and find is a huge difference in the models out there..the change for me going to FP was abit more aggressive of heli, move out far better, abit more continual stick, peformance is a step up...then it really gets interesting moving to the CP, again tiger in the tank now, are you ready, these can zip into a wall with the wrong stick at the blink of an eye, needs faster movement on the stick, I quickly changed to balls of the thumbs for immediate repsones, use small imputs, and your in for some fun now...things become really exciting, hi hi...Very Best ..<>..

Using the thumb method, eventually I realized this is needed for the faster responding helis, chuckled when I first viewed this video, till I tried the technique, and found it not only works but necessary for the neede quick inputs on the FP and CP models..Older gent here but shows this method very well, rather decent living room flying the Quark..<>..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lae7YwcVwo