Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Sticky: DYNAM gy48v gyro

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Sticky: DYNAM gy48v gyro

Old 04-18-2009, 11:34 PM
bad400

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sticky: DYNAM gy48v gyro

ok i just got and tested this gyro today.

it is 36.99 for helidirect.com, and can say after testing this and the futaba gy401 it holds real well.
on throttle pumps it actually held better than the gy401.
at first the tail was realy slow, but after reading the instructions again i realized i had the delay turned the wrong way.
now not saying it better than the futaba gy401 but am saying it works as well if not identical to it.

dont know anything of the g401b from cncheli.com but have heard both sides of the story on it. so it could be a good alternitive to the gy401 as well.

but as my testing went today with the futaba gy401 and the dynam gy48v, i can say the tail held more striaght with the gy48v on throttle pumps.

im not selling this gyro and do not work for helidirect, im only giveing my review on the dynam gy48v vs the futaba gy401.
and for the price of the dynam i would say its well worth it.

now as time goes on i will continue to put the gy48v threw its pace`s and report on it behaviors. but as most seasoned pilots know you can pretty much tell how a gyro will turn out after the first couple of flights.

PS. i used the same futaba 9650 with both gyro`s and my test was on the blade 400
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95514.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1183005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up49359.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	1183006  
Old 04-19-2009, 04:39 PM
bad400

Default RE: Sticky:DYNAM gy48v gyro

well i got a few more batteries through this gyro today.
still seems to be hold strong, it did drift this morning but after some warm up`s it held solid again.
the temp`s were 20 degress cooler this morning compared to yesturday.

anyway the testing continues

just another report.
put a few more batteries through the heli today, and developed a right drift again. but am unable to get it out this time.
i have new bearings comeing tomorrow, so i`ll replace all the year old bearings and try it again.
now my vibrations are really small, so i seriously doubt this is the problem. but i will know tomorrow and will give another report
Old 04-21-2009, 09:47 AM
bad400

test yesturday were less than empressive.
no matter what i do the heli wants to turn right, i say turn cause it more than a drift.
i will move the tail servo to the boom and see if this helps. im thinking it will, cause i`ll have more smaller adjustments avalible.

i could slow the head speed down, but this would be pointless sense most of the time im in idelup mode. so it needs to hold in every mode not just one.

waiting on batteries to charge. i`ll give another report this evening.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:22 PM
bad400

todays test went better.
heres a video of the test.
IF YOU DONT LIKE HARD ROCK MUTE YOUR VOLUME INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwtDHtxUyiI
Old 04-21-2009, 02:10 PM
dude7422

you know your in rotor wash the hole time of video lots of edits also by the looks of it
Old 04-21-2009, 03:14 PM
bad400

nope no edits.
thats just how my computer does the video when i add music.

and yes i have all kinds of wash going on. like ceiling fan, heat duct, and of course the wash from the blades themselves in a small room.
the thing is the futaba gy401 i have holds perfect in the same room under the same condition`s.
the dynam gy48v does hold farely good in flight and outdoors. im trying to diel it in for hovers and short foward flights. after all im trying to see if its a good out the gate gyro for newbies trying to learn hover and flight.

it works very well outside in flight
Old 04-21-2009, 08:23 PM
bad400

more testing with better result`s.

see post #4 for link
Old 04-22-2009, 10:13 AM
dude7422

ORIGINAL: bad400

nope no edits.
thats just how my computer does the video when i add music.

and yes i have all kinds of wash going on. like ceiling fan, heat duct, and of course the wash from the blades themselves in a small room.
the thing is the futaba gy401 i have holds perfect in the same room under the same condition`s.
the dynam gy48v does hold farely good in flight and outdoors. im trying to diel it in for hovers and short foward flights. after all im trying to see if its a good out the gate gyro for newbies trying to learn hover and flight.

it works very well outside in flight

so dont put music in it then video well not look fake imo
i like the wash test good way to test gyro
Old 04-22-2009, 01:13 PM
bad400

well sense it`s MY video i`ll add music.

i will not be running this gyro, it just needs to many correction`s and reset`s.
after one, two, and three layers of tape this gyro just wont stop drifting.
with the exact setup with the futaba gy401 is spot on.

the dynam gy48v gyro in my opinion is to high maintance. i needs to many constant trim`s and reset`s for my likeing

it maybe good for a bigger heli but for the blade 400 its a waste of time
heres today`s test with two and three layers of tape, still with the constant drift

AGAIN IF HARD ROCK IS NOT YOUR STYLE MUTE THE VOLUME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otlNfdBq-kc

this will be my last post on this gyro
Old 05-06-2009, 05:49 PM
rcmaster12

Default RE: Sticky: DYNAM gy48v gyro

dude like ALL gyro's do that. I have a 401 on a trex 450 and it slowly drifts to the right. the only way your going to get rid of that is if you get a really expensive one like a gy520 or 611 but from what i saw in your vid that is like nothing.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:26 PM
bad400

ORIGINAL: rcmaster12

dude like ALL gyro's do that. I have a 401 on a trex 450 and it slowly drifts to the right. the only way your going to get rid of that is if you get a really expensive one like a gy520 or 611 but from what i saw in your vid that is like nothing.

well i as well have the futaba gy401 and in a hover its solid, it never drifts. but the gy48v never stops drifting
Old 05-07-2009, 10:55 AM
FLYGUY09

bad400 thanks for sharing that info & video....which I thought the music was kick @zz so who cares what anyone says bout that.

I thought the gyro held ok and that you got your money's worth. If you want a $40 gyro you gotta deal with some imperfections and actually that looked good enough to fly with where you're busy adding yaw doing turns and stuff you probably won't notice the drift flying outside.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:56 PM
bad400

ORIGINAL: FLYGUY09

bad400 thanks for sharing that info & video....which I thought the music was kick @zz so who cares what anyone says bout that.

I thought the gyro held ok and that you got your money's worth. If you want a $40 gyro you gotta deal with some imperfections and actually that looked good enough to fly with where you're busy adding yaw doing turns and stuff you probably won't notice the drift flying outside.
well i have to admit it didnt do to bad out side, its the hover that kills it.
i was trying to find something that the new pilots could get cheap and help them in hover`s and orintaion work.
if it was more solid i would say its a winner, but really i guess it is better than most stock gyros
Old 04-20-2011, 01:02 AM
gensace

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmc-Y1vV4TQ[/youtube]

Here's a recent video of our test on the GY48V gyro to address any concern you guys may have! Feel free to leave us a comment if you have any question. Thanks