Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Used Heli's...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Used Heli's...

Hey everyone...has anyone ever bought any used heli's from this website? Iwas looking in the buy and sell section and there are some pretty good deals. Is buying used a good idea? Iam a little sceptical about the reported condition of these heli's. Would love to hear some of your experiences buying used. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:38 PM
robtangie
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Used Heli's...

I purchased a bare bones used Trex 450SE V1.5 here about a year ago and at the same time got a Futaba 6EX 2.4Ghz radio... Both work great to this day, and once I added my electronics the 450 flew great and still dose. I also bought a Venom Pro charger a few months ago and it too works great.
My only suggestion with buying used is, first do what home work you can on the product and seller. Second, it would be best to have some experience wrenching on helis prior to buying used because as with buying anything used it may need some work.
My experiences buying use here have been great but I'm sure not every ones is so good luck.
Regards,
Rob.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:27 PM
JOHNS3D
My Feedback: (5)

used helis sometimes is ok, as rob says, most of the time you will need to rebuild or at least check everything again to be sure that the heli is build ok, etc. Right now there is tons of 450´s really cheap.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:28 AM
Skunkworx

Make sure you hammer out all return policies and "fine print" before going through with a deal. I've bought several things here on RCU. Some of them have been bad transactions that either resolved themselves, or I had to take the hit somewhere, but the majority have been awesome.Just make certain that you expect a return for 100% if it's not what you agree on or you are not happy with it. If you have an honest seller, they will be ok with a return or will do a return for a small amount of compensation for the troubles.If they flat refuse or don't make any concessions about returnsshould the deal goes south, take a walk - no matter how good te deal sounds (probably too good to be true anyways). Expect to pay decent money for decent equipment.Don't be a shiester and try to get top dollar stuff with bare minimum cash (although some haggling is acceptable or expected).Think of how you would like to do a deal if you knew you had good stuff and you got offered peanuts for it.It'd tick you off a bit right? Be patient and respectful, but be firm with your offers. As long as you feel confident that you are both getting a good deal out of it, the deal should go rather smoothly.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:22 AM
joeyhatch11

I tradded my 1/8 nitro buggy for a Esky Belt CP V2. All-in-all, it turned out to be a worth wild transaction and I've since upgraded everything to a HDX450SE. But was a great learning block. I'm also going to be in the market soon for a 500 size electric. Which I may buy from here too.