Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Need help ???

Old 09-30-2009, 08:19 AM
monsterbrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help ???

I have been in the hobby for 20+ years and have just started the heli thing with a blade MCX
I wanna move up
what should I get????
Old 10-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Need help ???

ORIGINAL: monsterbrad

I have been in the hobby for 20+ years and have just started the heli thing with a blade MCX
I wanna move up
what should I get????

You need to be a little more specific than that. What do you want to accomplish? And how much money are you willing to allocate to do it?

The same principle applies to cars, boats, planes, or whatever you used to do in the past 20 years.

scale
aerobatics
3D
cheap
moderate
high quality (expensive)
electric
nitro
gasoline
jet fuel
baby steps
small jump
giant leap
ect.

Rafael
Old 10-02-2009, 08:09 PM
drobin

A trex 450 or clone ,copterx or HK450 from hobbycity. I have one of each. They fly nice and parts are available and reasonable.After I went with digital servos and a gy401 gyro, my flying improved.You will need at least, a 6 channel radio.I have a DX6 that I use with the helicopters and park flyers. Any decent servo will work on the cyclic but a digital should be used on the tail.As Rafael said, what and how much do you want to do??
Old 10-03-2009, 12:11 PM
monsterbrad

Well I am still not back to work so the money thing is tight
I am looking at a blade MSR at the moment looks like that will get me a little more thrill then the Blade MCX that I am currently flying.
Thanks guys for the tips
Old 10-05-2009, 02:02 AM
twoslick2

Yes, the msr is a good hext step. I went to fast and went with a cp pro2 for my 1st heli. Big mistake. Had to take a step back and got a mcx, then msr. Now I am back to the pro2 and I have more experience to handle it. Some people can make giant steps. some (like me) have to take smaller steps!
Old 10-05-2009, 05:35 AM
joeyhatch11

I spent a good year on a Esky Lama v3 coaxial then jumped to a Esky Belt CP V2. With knowing all the orintation from the Lama it wasn't too bad of a jump. As long as the heli is set-up right the stability is amazing. Dont think you'll get a CCPM heli and have it RTF. Take the time to read up on it, tweak it, and get her set-up right the first time, it'll pay off. But from what I've read the MSR will be a great next step. Plus you can find parts just about anywhere. Good luck, Joe
Old 10-05-2009, 09:10 PM
flyermark
My Feedback: (19)

I won a mCX at a local show this summer and love it. I just recently bought the mSR. A fantastic next step. I literally just made my first flight in my basement without signifant issue. In fact, it is surprisingly stable in a hover. I can actually hover it hands off. I am using a DX6i set up conservatively (70% travel on low rates, 85% on high with 30% expo on rud/elev/aile. Nice flying circles around the basement. This thing rocks. My first non-coaxial helicopter and a real confidence builder. I'll hone my skills with it and then take the next step to something more advanced. COOL STUFF!
Old 10-06-2009, 02:32 PM
cody46

i am a begginer,i buy a sabre microlight heli.i just want to ask why when i push the throttle lever,the heli seems lie want to go left
Old 10-06-2009, 07:53 PM
flyermark

So much for my fun. After two flights the tail rotor motor no longer functions at all. Spins freely but no power at all. Taking it back to the LHS tomorrow to see if they will exchange. Clear defect.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:34 AM
joeyhatch11

I've heard that the tail motor on these small heli will always be a problem and need replacing. That being the case, I was looking to get the Walkera 4G6. New design, a little bit bigger, but offers a tail drive system. I'm sure it's not "defect" they just wear really easy. People were b!tching about the Walkera 4#3 tail motors too. No good.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:55 AM
flyermark

Just returned mine for a new one at the LHS. The bummer is that if this happens (when it happens???) again I don't see the replacement motor on the part list on line. Maybe I am missing something.