Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Someone stop me....please!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Someone stop me....please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Pilot_Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone stop me....please!

What did I do?.... I'm obsessed with this hobby and it aint good lol... J/K, but I think I'm getting a bit crazy here. Barely have flown my HoneyBee king and I went ahead and ordered a T-Rex 600ESP.... It's not like I have a GF or wife(unfortunate story there)..no kids or anything, but still.... I need to be stopped!....

I guess I plan to use this Trex frame for a scale project next winter..

Maybe I should give away some of my RC cars to a kid to make myself feel less guilty about this spending lol...
Old 01-12-2010, 01:02 AM
JB-Heli

Default RE: Someone stop me....please!

Welcome to the club of heli addicts!  Look at it as you are doing what you can to support the economy. 

I'm not familiar with the  HoneyBee King but it looks like a nice helicopter.  The bigger helicopters are more stable though, you might want to get some help from someone familiar with that model to set it up, test fly, etc.... Enjoy!
Old 01-12-2010, 01:25 AM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Wow, congrats on your 600.

I am struggling with the cost upgrade of the 500 from the 450.

Once you get comfortable with the size your going to love that heli. A few guys at the local field have the nitro version of it and it sure is big! [X(] But the sound of those blades chopping the air and when they go from positive to negative pitch is wicked.

Stop beating yourself up and just enjoy it while you can!

Mark
Old 01-12-2010, 02:50 AM
Pilot_Guy

yes should be awesome with a large brushless motor and scale Bell 222 fuselage with Army colors. Maybe even gloss black with yellow insignia.

I am selling my snowmobile though... I can get at least 800 for that and that will be put into this project as well. Guess I'll shelf the 600 and keep flying my HBK and learn what I have to do with going scale. I want ultimate realism, but I have good modeling skills..I'm sure I could do a great job with paint and detail.

This machine right here is my inspiration.... [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9190698/tm.htm[/link]

That uses the trex 600 frame and mechanics too. Something of that caliber is my goal. Gonna take over a year to achieve, but my trex on the shelf will keep me from losing that dream..
Old 01-12-2010, 06:43 AM
Sasquatchin

lol, welcome to the addiction!

Ihave only been flying for a few months now, and have 5 heli's and a 6th on its way.

Hi, My name is Marc, and Im a Heli-holic

Old 01-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Pilot_Guy

ORIGINAL: Sasquatchin

lol, welcome to the addiction!

I have only been flying for a few months now, and have 5 heli's and a 6th on its way.

Hi, My name is Marc, and Im a Heli-holic

Ahhh I don't feel guilty now. [8D] I have 4 soon to be 5... I also have a nitro boat and airplanes too.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:36 AM
mydartswinger

Welcome to the addiction Guy. It only gets worse (better) from here.

I'm also a heliholic. I have 5 with #6 on the way. 2 mCX's (1 belongs to the wife, but I do all the maintenance to it), 1 TT E325, 1 Hirobo Shuttle, and 1 Raptor 50. My T-Rex 250 is on the way . And I'm thinking about getting an MSH Protos 500 , but that's about $450 just for the kit [:@] .

You'll love that 600. I was helping out an electric airplane guy get into helis with a B400. Once he got decent enough to do a tail in hover with the 400 (still with the training gear on), I handed him the TX to my 50 so he could hover it (no training gear). Now he's got a 600E.

Then there's 4 airplanes (2 glow, 2 electric) and 2 cars (1 glow, 1 electric).

Dang, I'm not just a heliholic, I'm an RCaholic. LOL
Old 01-12-2010, 11:16 AM
DreamHeliProducts

That's how we got started here at Dream Heli. I've been flying nitro heli's since about '92 & I decided to switch to a simpler electric & picked up an E-FLite CX copter to fly around. A few other guys thought they were cool & bought them too. As we flew the CX2 & CX3's, we needed bodies & such that just weren't available so we started the company. Now I'm not even sure how many we have together - so it's a group obsession as well.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:34 AM
Thisstrangeengine

I've been building and flying planes for years and just in the past few months dropped alot of $$$ on these damn helis! I can't stop either. I ordered some things I needed from Hobbyking on Tuesday and just placed another order tonight for some other things I found...(Servos for my 500, wire,connectors,heatshrink tubing etc.) The only way to get over the guilt is to buy more stuff!!! I felt guilty 6 orders ago and I keep doing it? LOL
Old 01-14-2010, 02:53 AM
TakeshiSkunk

Hey I would be more than happy to take a car off of your hands :P

I just got my Blade400 for christmas, haven't even flown it yet and I'm already ogling trex 600s. I have a feeling that'll be my second heli, no telling how long it'll be before I can afford one though. Need a job first Been out of college coming up on a year now and still no luck.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Pilot_Guy

Well with the way the economy is and job loss, it's hard not to feel a little bit "hoggish" about spending 600+ on a RC helicopter. I've been fortunate to not be effected by the economy or job loss....I'm very lucky.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:43 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Repeat after me:

I do not have a problem, I can stop buy hobby stuff any time I want, I just do not want to!!!!

I see no problem.

No problems here, except I need more room for my stuff

Dru.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:01 PM
mydartswinger

Of course there's no problem.

If you feel a bit "Hoggish", just think that you're actually HELPING the economy by putting your money back into it. You're contributing to giving someone else part of a livng and/or a means to pursue their hobby. If you still feel bad about it, throw a little bit at a charity or do some volunteer work.

If we're in this hobby, we're all fortunate to have at least some disposable income.

Enjoy it while you can and count your blessings.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Thisstrangeengine

ORIGINAL: blvdbuzzard

Repeat after me:

I do not have a problem, I can stop buy hobby stuff any time I want, I just do not want to!!!!

I see no problem.

No problems here, except I need more room for my stuff

Dru.
Nice collection... I need to show that picture to my wife! Looks like basement just more planes than helis; Although she doesn't complain about my hobbies since I work my butt off, the bills get paid and I'm happy.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:34 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well there is more, I have another rack that holds my smaller planes, I have ARF's still in the boxes, and more hanging around the garage.

You do have to be careful of letting some planes hang out in the dark with other planes. Soon you will find they have multiplied and you do not remember getting them.

If you look close you can see (3) small slope gliders

It has been a nice journey to collecting all of this stuff. I think it is better then wasting all of the money in a bar

Dru.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:40 PM
helimangler

Iwill second that!!
Old 01-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Pilot_Guy

ORIGINAL: helimangler

I will second that!!
I'll put in a THIRD on that....

I know a few guys that spend 150-200 dollars a week at the bar every week... It's nuts and they may think I am dumb for wastng my money on toys, but to me they have no say in it....

To each their own.

I'm currently going nuts for a 450 size fuse for my Belt-CP... to much research lol