Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Looking for Mentor Wocester, MA

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Looking for Mentor Wocester, MA

Old 05-12-2010, 02:16 PM
docdangerous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Mentor Wocester, MA

Hi all!

Irecently dove head first into the Hobby when i purchased a used Raptor .50 V2 early this week. Iam now sitting here staring at this 3 foot long RC helicopter and have not the slightest what to do with it. Unfortunately I did not have the benefit of constructing the model myself or having any literature for either the Heli or remote. Ihave downloaded and read through the manuals but still feelreally overwelmed. Now Icertainly do not want to give up but feel that i would greatly benefit from someone with experience that Icould learn from.

If anyone is local or could recemmend me a good club that Icould get started with Iwould greatly appreciate it.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Looking for Mentor Wocester, MA

http://www.raptortechnique.com/

This site will also help you alot. Having someone to hands on help you is the best. Ialso bought a Raptor 50 V2 with no prior heli experience.
Idid have a flight simulator(Realflight G4) which helps ALOT and Iwould suggest that you get. There are many to choose from depending on budget. Iwill tell you that you will get "hooked" on rc heli's the minute you fire that bad boy up!! A big heli like yours is a little intimidating but is easier to learn on. Training gear is a MUST as it will prevent you from breaking things if you land a little hard while learning to hover. Ask questions when you have them as the people in this forum are very helpful and I have found they are always eager to share their knowledge.
Have fun!!
Old 05-12-2010, 08:12 PM
drobin

The first thing you should do is see if there are any hobby shops in your area. They should be able to give you info on any flying clubs in your area.Or google RC clubs in your area. You should get help with a helicopter that size. It's not a toy and can hurt or kill someone.
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/new...raft-operators
Follow this link and see what can happen. And you should join the AMA.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:01 PM
docdangerous

Thanks for the feedback guys. Ihave been practicing on my Real Flight G5 which was the first thing i bought, so i Am getting more comfortable with flying the heli's as the days go by. It is more the handling and maintenance of the heli thats got me a bit freaked. As you said they are not toys and just the size of the thing is a good indication of how bad i could hurt someone or myself with it.

Guess i will have to keep up my reading and find a local club/hobby shop to really get my feet wet.

Thanks!