Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

century hawk pro or raptor 30?

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

century hawk pro or raptor 30?

Old 05-12-2010, 07:54 PM
John_jrp3
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default century hawk pro or raptor 30?

trying to debate on what to get for a first nitro heli. i have a century swift now and am getting better but flying time is limited do to batteries. so im thinking of goin nitro.

have a few nitro trucks so i know the basics on engines just trying to decide what to get for a heli. the hawk is somewhat cheaper but i hear great things on the raptors also.

or is the 60 alot better of a choice. a local friend has a raptor 60 with a scale body running the os .70 and it flies great but we are talkin almost double the money for that.

any ideas/ suggestions will be considered also thanks

http://www.heli-world.com/detail.aspx?ID=397

http://www.heli-world.com/detail.aspx?ID=440

and the best place to buy these also. heli-world seems very competitive and ive bought alot from them also.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:52 PM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: century hawk pro or raptor 30?

Both are pretty good 30's but the Raptor is now a bit dated.

I would go with the Hawk Pro. IMHO, it has a better and more dependable clutch and start shaft system, a much better head design (you will find many of the newly released 50 helis are now using this same head design), and a number of other advantages. Plus it will leave you with $80.00 to get a better set of servos, or gyro or whatever.

I also have always found the OS 37 engine to be a large step above the TT39 for user friendliness in needle settings.

I found the lighter Hawk Pro, with the OS 37 and a good muffler (like the CN3039) to have a very similar power to weight ratio to a Rappy 50.