Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Is there any way to use the DX7SE with a simulator?

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Is there any way to use the DX7SE with a simulator?

Old 07-08-2010, 03:24 PM
bauerbach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there any way to use the DX7SE with a simulator?

looking through older posts and such, it looks like this remote is not compatible with any sims hoping there has been some advancement? or am I SOL?
Old 07-08-2010, 07:06 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 152 Likes on 123 Posts
Default RE: Is there any way to use the DX7SE with a simulator?

There's no trainer port so I'm pretty sure you're out of luck.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:27 AM
mydartswinger

If you can find it, the old FSOne simulator had an available Spektrum PC connection, allowing you to bind a DSM2 radio to your computer the way you would an aircraft.

FSOne has been discontinued, so you would have to find one used, along with the Spektrum connector. I looked on the RCU classifieds and on E-Bay and couldn't find one. Maybe you could look in a few other locations to find one, or keep an eye out in those places for it.

The FSOne site is still up, but hasn't been updated.

[link=http://www.fsone.com/]http://www.fsone.com/[/link]

Otherwise, look for a sim that comes with a controller.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:09 PM
dooleyje

Dart.. Cuda is correct,, the SE dx7 has no way to connect to a sim. With the Regular DX7 you do have a trainer port provided and will interface with simulators.

Jim
Old 07-16-2010, 11:11 PM
mydartswinger

That is correct in the traditional sense, using a USB or similar cable connected directly to the computer. I am aware that the DX7 SE has no trainer port, not allowing it to be connected to a computer using the traditional cables. However, Spektrum created a receiver for the Spektrum radios to be used wirelessly on FSOne. You bind the computer's receiver the same way you bind your radio to your helicopter's receiver.

Here's a link to Spektrum's product page for it.

[link=http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM1800]http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM1800[/link]
Old 07-17-2010, 06:35 AM
dooleyje

OoooooooI see

Jim
Old 07-17-2010, 10:01 AM
bauerbach

I havent heard much about the FS1, I did find on another forum that there is a hobbyist part in the works that will let you use a standard reciever and feed it into the USB wirelessly for any simulator. Im planning on waiting for that to arrive, mid september they say. itll cost me a cheap 6ch recever, but its worth it I think.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:15 AM
mydartswinger

FSOne came out in about 2006/2007, and was distributed by Horizon Hobby. IMO, it was a good simulator, albeit a bit limited to the aircraft that you can fly, flying fields, and expansions. Some say the physics weren't as good as RealFlight (G3/G3.5 at the time). Most of the included fields were photofields. The included aircraft were aircraft distributed by Horizon (Hangar 9, E-Flite, JR Helicopter), plus a couple of BVM Jets and a couple of "fantasy" aircraft. They did offer a Hangar Pack for it, which included a few more aircraft and flying fields, as well as an update to the software. It was a bit better for slower computers. Horizon/Intersoft fell off after a year or 2 with upgrades and support for the simulator. They even began offering it for $100 with a controller (it was originally $200 like RealFlight). FSOne was dropped by Horizon sometime last year and replaced by Phoenix.

I have a copy of it, but my cable is currently in transit from overseas. If I had my cable, I would be using it in conjunction with RealFlight G4.5.