Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

first Heli

Old 07-26-2010, 02:24 PM
techrider62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first Heli

Which one is better Blade CX2 or Novus CX Nano
Old 07-26-2010, 04:58 PM
bauerbach

Default RE: first Heli

I think they are not quite equal, the novus is more similair to the mcx I think, donno what the equivelent of the cx2 would be on the other side. in any case, I have good experience with the CX3 and blade in general has a great reputation, and the larger CX2/3 would give you more stability though will benefit from a larger indoor room, and can possibly even go outside on a very very calm day in an open area.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just out of curiousity...do you plan to possibly learn 3D flying someday? Or do you just want a fun heli to mess around with indoors?
In my opinion....Iwould skip getting a coaxial heli and get a Blade mSR....although the mSR is for indoors....I don't think you will get bored with it and it is better to learn all the different orientations on than a coaxial and its VERY durable.....you will crash while learning and this little heli gets through crashes without any problems more often than not. (crashed mine many times and never broke anything)
Its also very beginner friendly. People at my job have hovered this heli there first try that have never seen a rc helicopter before. Just one noobs opinion.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:25 PM
GuitarPlayer

My thoughts..............

Buy at your Local Hobby shop and enlist the help of a local club.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:30 PM
techrider62

I would like to move up some day if I could skip the cx's that would be good
Old 07-26-2010, 06:41 PM
techrider62

i will buy from hobby shop but i'm not into clubs
Old 07-26-2010, 06:45 PM
GuitarPlayer

Don't say I didn't warn ya.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:46 PM
techrider62

ORIGINAL: GuitarPlayer

Don't say I didn't warn ya.
Warn about what?
Old 07-26-2010, 06:56 PM
GuitarPlayer

Spending a lot of money and time crashing and rebuilding because you didn't get a good teacher help you.  With the proper help you could go straight into a 6ch heli. Just my very experienced opinion.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:03 PM
techrider62

I under stand what you're saying i'm just not into the clubs.I will buy one of the cx's and play around with it
Old 07-26-2010, 07:12 PM
GuitarPlayer

OK
Old 07-26-2010, 07:27 PM
nothinbetr2do

hey jersey boy, i see your from pennsville. i used to live on pittsfield st, along time ago. i was just over there last month, to see some of my family. but anyway, maybe concider a blade msr. it will almost hover by it's self, and can take a beating. plus it will be more fun the a cx. and you won't get bored as quick
Old 07-26-2010, 07:50 PM
techrider62

I've lived in pennsville for over 30 years.I've wanting to get heli for a long time but i keep back out and buying something easier to deal with.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:32 PM
nothinbetr2do

get yourself a msr and have some fun with it. once you get it going and learn the controls, it's not that hard. heli's don't get hard until you get a cp. the msr is a fp, so there is less to deal with. if you like i could maybe meet you somwhere, i'm only like 35 min from you. like i said, i still come over there to see some of my family
Old 07-26-2010, 10:24 PM
trickle007

I own both the mSR and CX2 and by far the Msr is the better buy and cheaper. You have a better chance of flying the mSR outside then you do with the cx2 the cx2 1 crash something is breaking, the msr upgrade the landing gear and you can crash many times with out doing any damage. unless you have a big indoor room the cx2 is a little big to fly indoors where the msr is perfect indoors no matter the size of the room. I can fly my msr in the bathroom if i really wanted to lol. Also another good thing about the msr is it comes with 2 batteries and a charger that charges 4 batteries at the same time in like 20 minutes. The batteries for the cx2 take up to 90 minutes to charge and cost almost 30 bucs from your loacal hobby shop where the msr batteries cost under 10 dollars.

Also another thing to conside is the Blade 120 SR which is just a bigger version of the msr. Eflite says there going to hit the shelves sometime in aug. Good luck and keep us posted on your decesion.

P.S. I for warn you helicopters turn into an obsession once you buy one your gonna want more lol.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:51 PM
techrider62

Thanks for everybodys replys i will be going with the msr
Old 07-26-2010, 11:55 PM
Fast Ass J

I can speak for the blade. I lost the msr due to my first heli and not knowing what I was doing. that is in the bottom of a lake. lesson 1. don't fly near water. My blade MCX2 lasted awhile but I took it three stories high outside and was being a show off. killed the throttle and powered up full throttle, it pulled up about 1/2 of and inch from crashing the went back up (what I wanted it to do, bad idea). Then the swash plate broke in two places from the stress. 

O.k. now I bought a blade CX2 a much bigger heli and a venom pro charger because I don't want to wait two hours to charge the battery.

What's my point? This all happened in five days. Thats allot of money. Do you know how to fly? I learned the hard way. I can do it now. 

Basically I am saying all these blade heli's are fun BUT the first breeze that comes up, it's gonna throw you around. If you have never flown these before, by small, fly in the house, don't be a show off then work your way up. You will crash! Get ready for it

They don't do well in the breeze, breeze not wind breeze. Must be dead calm out. 
Old 07-26-2010, 11:58 PM
TakeshiSkunk

CX an FP won't really teach you how to fly a CP at all beyond pure basic orientation. If you can I would strongly consider going for RealFlight or Phoenix if you're interested in skipping the CX.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:56 PM
DanMN

MSR and phoenix sim or real flight sim. MCX2 isn't a bad choice either. Things happen slower with a coaxial heli. I would stick with the micro size and stay inside only. Those little helis are practically indestructible. I would stick with eflite just because they simply are better.... The new Novus 125 is a nice heli, but you aren't ready for that at this point. GET A SIM BEFORE YOU GET A HELI!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 01:29 PM
bauerbach

meh, these are all easy, I understand a sim for those hard transitions like going to 3d flight, but just bouncing around the den? guess it depends on your prior experience and eye/hand coordination. I was able to pick up the CX3 in a weekend, my brother in law was flying fairly wall within 3 or 4 batteries. I even have my mother and father flying it... ok. 1 almost landed it on the roof, the other broke the landing gear, but all in all... its not that hard. I was able to take up a trex 450 myself after 2 weeks on the cx3, no sims, no help, learned to set it up from vids online and flew it, still going strong.

personally, I have a sim, I just dont use it, I dont like it, I personally dont think it feels much at all like the real thing. I am using real flight 4.5.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:42 PM
techrider62

I ended up buying a mcx2 to play around with to see if i even want to go any deeper.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:14 AM
heaven66

I did ever try Blade CX2 with a wonderful performance . you may have more option from http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/2...elicopter.html. hope it is helpful

ORIGINAL: techrider62

Which one is better Blade CX2 or Novus CX Nano