Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Clutch housing bearing removal??

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Clutch housing bearing removal??

Old 07-31-2010, 01:07 PM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Clutch housing bearing removal??

I'm trying to replace the bearing in the clutch housing on my Raptor 50. Are there any tricks to getting it out?Canthe "oven" method used to replace the bearings in a engine be used to get this bearing out? It looks like it's made of the same material as an engine. Thanks.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:46 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts
Default RE: Clutch housing bearing removal??

If you're talking about the one in the top of the clutch bell that the start shaft runs though then yes you can heat it up but you're probably going to end up replacing the liner.

To be honest, I'd probably just replace the clutch bell, that will give you a new liner and bearing for 12 bucks or whatever they cost.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:59 PM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah....Ishould have done that from the start. Itook the liner out and bought a new liner....the bearing in it may be good...but Ibought a new bearing anyway(just in case). Seems like when you crash....there is a lot of "Imight as well replace it while it's apart" pieces that you replace. Iwill check on just getting a new housing assembly. For the money I might as well. Thanks.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:10 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

If you have the start shaft out put the shaft into the bearing and put a little sideways pressure and turn it. If it turns smooth don't worry about the bearing. If it feels gritty go ahead and replace it.