Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Main rotor grip bearing removal??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Main rotor grip bearing removal??

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Main rotor grip bearing removal??

Hello all....Ihave another bearing question....are there any tricks to get the main rotor grip bearings out? I have the metal blade grips and Iwant to replace all the bearings. Thanks for any help/suggestions.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:36 PM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Main rotor grip bearing removal??

Not every model/brand of heli has the same bearing/blade grip configuration - knowing what heli you are referring to would help anyone trying to be of assistance.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:22 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

Metal grips usually mean an oven at 250 to 10 minutes to expand the grips and the bearings will drop out.

If you cook them in an oven and there's any arms with screws involved, remove and relockite the screws when you're done.

Also, if you dont have them ready to go while the grips are hot you'll probably have to heat the grip back up to install the new bearings.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It was on a Raptor 50 V2....Thanks Barracuda.....Iwas not sure you could use the "oven method" on other metal parts to get bearings out. Ihad only used the oven to get the bearings out of an engine. I was actually able to get them out last night without heating them up.