Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Honey Bee fp trouble hovering

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Honey Bee fp trouble hovering

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 08:36 PM
banjomaniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honey Bee fp trouble hovering

Got a Honey Bee fp I bought from a friend. He said he couldn't get it to fly and after having an eflight blade cp I admit, this thing is HARDTOFLY! I'm thinking maybe there is something wrong with the controller in the heli. I can get it to hover a little but it is so unstable, it will just scoot away and I can bring it back sometimes, other times I have to throttle down and try again but i haven't gotten more than a few seconds at a time. It starts out scooting around bad. I balanced the blades, moved the battery to balance the heli, adjusted the trim a little but it is just all over the place. The eflight blade would almost hover effortlessly. I'm wondering if something is wrong, plus when I get in the aire a few inches and try to throttle up it gets to a point that the blades get a loud whirring sound and it actualy falls back down. I had my friend hold it and I throttled up slowly and after about 3/4 throttle it lost it's lift and would actually push down. I have 3 sets of blades and I tried another set, same thing. Any suggestions? I have the bigger battery, is that causing a problem?

banjomaniac
Old 09-06-2010, 04:06 PM
pmwoodward

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honey Bee fp trouble hovering

Hey Banjo,

may Ifirst start off by saying that Iam most definately a newbie. Istarted off into heli's with the honey bee king FP also. with no prior experience or SIMtraining, Ialso had a very difficult time hovering. after several hours at the sticks, a 20 second hover was a good flight for me. Ithen bought a 4 channel Esky Lama 4 and found it rediculously easy to hover. you mentioned that at 75% throttle that it loses lift and drops, does the rotor slow down? I bought 3 of these. one for me and 2 for other friends. one of them also refused to fly at all. it just went nutty to inputs. Iam starting over again, this time Iwill get a SIM and another coax (esky Big Lama). Hope this helps. Perhaps you can find someone local to see if your problem is the radio or not.

Paul