Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Convert Walkera Copters to JR?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Convert Walkera Copters to JR?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 07:13 AM
Steelhat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convert Walkera Copters to JR?

I am about two weeks into using my first JR 9303 transmitter. I love it.
While I do have 2.4 GHz copters to fly with it (MSR, and a bunch of CX3 which I am modifying and testing), I do have two Walkera copters which I love, but with their own proprietary version of 2.4 GHz. Ok, they are both fixed pitch, but they are nice machines – a CB180Q and a CB180D. I am thinking about purchasing a 4G6S. Like a lot of things that are built-to-a-price point from orient, I think these machines are excellent technical designs, but poorly made/assembled.
Now we get to my question…
Because of my great experience with the 9303, I have been saving up to purchase the Walkera 2801 Pro, so I can have the maximum amount of programming capability with the Walkera birds.
Then, I read a review of the 2801 which stated it did not have a working throttle hold, and no where near the capability of the 9303. I was hoping they would have a lot more in common. It is a bigger gap than Iimagined.
1. Would it be recommended that I give up on the “purchase a 2801-Pro Tx” idea, and just save for 4, 6, or 9 channel JR receivers for each of my Walkera copters, and swap them in?
Has anyone done this? Any suggestions or experiences?

2. Should I purchase a 4-channel JR receiver for 4-channel FP helis? Or is there an economy of scale to purchase a bunch of 6 or 9 channel JR receivers and just use the 4-channels?

3. Anyone have recommendations as to best-value receivers compatible with JR2.4 GHz and good for the Walkera applications?
Any technical issues here that I am not aware of?
Thanks for any and all replies,
Steelhat
Old 09-14-2010, 11:20 AM
bikemad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Convert Walkera Copters to JR?

yes, your walkera's do not have a just a receiver, they have 4in1's, you would have to fix a giro and a ESC to go with your RX, I haven't found any good make's of 4in1, ps I don't know what the 4th one is but I've seen other's on here say 4in1 when talking about RX/giro/ESC combows,
I like you have a walkera, my one is a 3#4b which is good fun in side but the 4in1 is not working probaby, the tail goes round, I've fitted a new tail motor and ESC so it has to be the 4in1 but there so much money I don't want to buy one for it to go after 6 weeks like the one on there has so I want to buy a futaba one so I can use my 10C but I can't find one,