Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

I need a new RC Helicopter!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

I need a new RC Helicopter!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 03:32 AM
PharmacyGirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a new RC Helicopter!!

Hey Pylon Racer! I go to Morgantown a lot. Used to drink beer down by the river there. Would walk down a brick road to the riverbank. Know where I am talking about? Hey, I was wondering, do you know someone by the name of Sherri Molisee? She has a brother named Michael. I haven't seen him or her in years but she is definitely a wild one!! Always hanging out at bars an' stuff. I like Morgantown. I found almost a thousand dollars there by the road one time. Mostly hundreds and 20's stapled to a receipt. It was just lying there!! What a day that was! So keep your eyes open!!!

As soon as I get this new Heli built, I am DEFINITELY gonna have another visit to Morgantown. What a small world this is!!!

You sure you guys ain't runnin some kinda sting operation?? There is just a BIT TOO MANY coincindences goin on here!
Old 09-01-2003, 09:20 PM
pylon racer
My Feedback: (11)

PharmacyGirl,

I do know where your talking about and no I don't know that person. The most money I ever found was 10 dollars. You must have had a great time with your find. That would definitely buy a lot of beer.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:07 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Or a lot of help parts!
Old 09-02-2003, 08:56 PM
EC120

I assume all those from WV will be at our fun-fly? Really, it is not that far away. About 2 1/2 hours from Charleston. Morgantown is about 5 1/2 hours which is stretching it a bit.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:55 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

EC120,
When and where is your funfly? I'll be in the Lake Cumberland area on vacation the 6th through the 14th. If it's not too far I'd like to attend assuming I can talk my wife into it.
Later,,,basmntdweller
Old 09-02-2003, 10:32 PM
EC120

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...77&forumid=201

That would be great. It is in lexington, Ky on Saturday Sept. 13. Take exit 87 on I64 between lexington and winchester and follow the signs. It is very close to the interstate. It is only about 15 minutes from where it merges to I75. It is about 2.5 hours from Lake Cumberland. It was a lot of fun last year. Hope you can make it..
Old 09-03-2003, 04:42 PM
PharmacyGirl

I have been wanting to go to lexington anyway to see a friend of mine that lives there!! I would love to be able to make it to the FunFly too!! WHAT A SMALL WORLD THIS IS!!! uhhhh, this is all getting a little eeeeeerie..... lol.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:53 PM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

Ive finally reached my limits of interest with this thread, good luck building a heli PG. My suggestion would be stop BUllSH$TT$N@ and start building, if you want to get anywhere with a heli project. If you just like to chat- thats fine too......Just not with me anymore, on this thread which I had pegged to go nowhere from the start.....Guess I was right from the start, I should have trusted my IT-STINKS.
Old 09-03-2003, 05:35 PM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

?

Just about the first time anything sensible is posted on this thread and you have lost interest?

PG, by all means go to the fun fly. Youl learn more in minutes than is learned by weeks of running this thread. plus you will probably benefit greatly from meeting the local pilots. there is no way i could have gotten started without help, and it is certain experienced help will be important for you as well.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:47 PM
Galifrey

hmm I wonder if this thread would have had so many replies if the poster was called pharmacyboy

Old 09-03-2003, 08:56 PM
EC120

I think the best thing for anyone new to the hobby is to attend a fun-fly and pick everyones brain. Our fun fly is geared toward increasing the number of pilots in the area. We got a new member just from advertising the event on here.

basmntdweller, you might be able to talk your wife into visiting Lexington by telling her about Joseph-Beth at Lexington Green and Fayette Mall which are across from each other. Joseph-Beth is one of those large bookstores that is the size of a small shopping mall and surrounded by specialty shops. Fayette Mall is your typical giant and annoying shopping mall. Your credit cards will never be the same when she gets done with them but at least you will get to fly.

http://www.josephbeth.com/html/locallexington.html

http://www.shopfayette-mall.com/mall.../main?OpenForm

If she is into artsy stuff then try http://www.visitlex.com/media/tbredpark.html
Old 09-03-2003, 10:56 PM
randy41

Originally posted by Galifrey
hmm I wonder if this thread would have had so many replies if the poster was called pharmacyboy

NOP: LOL
Old 09-04-2003, 03:37 AM
charleyh
My Feedback: (1)

I would definately recommend anyone who can come to the funfly should. I have been to the field several times and it is very nice.

The people are great too. EC120 has been helping me get a new Raptor broken in and setup as I am new to Nitro. I have a Logo 10 and he flew it and showed me what it could do.

I'll be there with both and hope to see a good turnout.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:52 AM
Rawlie

I wonder !!

I think I'm going to change my handle to Rawlie Babe and put your theory to the test ......
Old 09-04-2003, 12:56 PM
torque
My Feedback: (22)

Default pylon racer

pete,
glad you could make it to the flying field for the march of dime fun fly. i was hopeing to work day shift that day to fly our EC-135 in, one of our other pilots got that puff detail. I worked night shift, other wise i would have made it. how is your century flying.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:22 PM
EC120

Thanks to Charleyh I want a Logo now. I think he taught me more about the logo than I helped him with the raptor.

Torque, you wouldn't happen to know a guy named Mark who is a lawyer in WV and owns or operates a Bell 47 and a AS350?
Old 09-04-2003, 04:38 PM
torque

Default ec-120

i know there is an attorney in Logan co. that owns a bell 47 and an Astar. last name is ruttkey (i know this is not how he spells it) i use to fly into the logan airport alot.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:24 PM
EC120

Yes, Mark Hrutkay. He is supposed to visit our event in one of the two helicopters if the weather is good.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:43 PM
torque

Default ec-120

i am sure if he goes to KY, he will be in the Astar. it is blue/white and gold
Old 09-22-2003, 11:38 PM
PharmacyGirl

Default RE: I need a new RC Helicopter!!

hi everybody! whew! I'm back!! long story where i have been!! i wasn't able to make it to the fun fly but i DID look in to it!! i HAVE had a very WONDERFUL time since i have been away! ...and guess whaaaaat....!! i got some parts!!! i also got some extra tubing. I don't have EVERYTHING yet, but a friend of mine GAVE me a box full of heli parts and i could never begin to name all those little thingees! I think i am more addicted to building and collecting parts more than i am actually FLYING!! is that bad? anyone else here like that? hmmmm...... heeee hehehe. can yaw'll tell i'm in a good mood?

giggleee....!! oh thought you guys would like the pic below to look at....

Old 09-24-2003, 06:24 PM
EC120

Default RE: I need a new RC Helicopter!!

I think everyone had fun. We will try it again next year. It is a lot of work to do a fly-in and we are always looking for ways to make it better and will listen to any ideas from those who attended. The new IRCHA.ORG site is great for fly-in info and we plan to use it to post our info and to find other events to attend within a reasonable driving distance.