Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

PLEASE HELP, trying to set up Spektrum DX8 with GY401 on my Raptor 30

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

PLEASE HELP, trying to set up Spektrum DX8 with GY401 on my Raptor 30

Old 01-12-2012, 07:53 PM
jasper7821

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP, trying to set up Spektrum DX8 with GY401 on my Raptor 30

I need help trying to figure out what happened with my radio an I think I screwed up some settings. I just built another Raptor and trying to get the radio setup.

I built the Raptor and was doing radio setup and the tail was working fine, then I guess I must have screwed something up because the gyro no longer works when I move the tail around with the heli on the table.
I know the gyro still works because when I go into gyro from the function list and take it off inhibit and select gyro on (which gives me just a single rate) or set it to gyro and it gives me 3 rates for each posititon on the gear switch and change the rate positive or negative then the servo moves when I move the tail with the heli on the table.

I could have sworn that the gyro function said inhibit before i started messing with it.
I'm still a beginner and can only do slow forward flight and hovering. I like the tail lock mode and have always only used this mode.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2012, 06:13 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: PLEASE HELP, trying to set up Spektrum DX8 with GY401 on my Raptor 30

Make sure that whichever mode you are using that channel 5 has some number in it. In gyro mode if it is at 50% that is zero gain so you do one direction or the other for HH or Rate mode.