Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Looking For A Heli (I've never flown)

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Looking For A Heli (I've never flown)

Old 10-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Stump1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking For A Heli (I've never flown)

I had a Blade CP a few years back. I never was able to actually fly it and sold it after a few crashes.

I'm ready to give it another go. I want something I can fly indoors for now. I'm looking at the Blade MSRX.

I'm open to any suggestions you guys may have for a different heli to start with. Thanks!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:46 PM
jester_s1

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default RE: Looking For A Heli (I've never flown)

I have a Blade MCX. If you're looking for a toy to buzz around the living room with, that's the one to get. It doesn't really require any piloting skills and it's hard to break it or anything it runs into.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:23 AM
Stump1000

Thanks for replying!

I really wanted to get a flybarless helicopter. I knew it'd be harder to fly and after you replied I just decided I'd rather have one I can fly now and move up later on.

So I picked up a MCX2 at my local Hobbytown yesterday. I've only flown about 5 charges but I love it so far! Thanks for suggesting it!
Old 10-20-2012, 03:59 PM
rob.rice

Xieda 9958 just about every place sells them and has parts for them they are cheap to buy and cheap to fix
flys ok and it's tough you almost have to deliberately fly it in to something fast to brake something most of the time it;s the blades that brake
Oh tape the tail fin on
you will need some blades gotta get ya some blades

don't forget to get some blades

did I tell you you will be needing some blades
Old 10-24-2012, 08:37 PM
jester_s1

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I just came back and noticed that you got the MCX2 Stump1000. I'm glad you're enjoying it.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:50 AM
Stump1000

I thought I'd respond to my original thread here, instead of making a new one. I've got the cyclic control down pretty good with my Blade MCX2 and it's getting kind of boring now. I ordered Real Flight 6.5 but haven't received it yet.

I want a collective pitch heli that can be flown outdoors. The guy I deal with at my LHS suggested a Blade Nano CPX. I'd like to hear some suggestions for a $200-300 RTF collective pitch heli. Thanks!
Old 12-10-2012, 05:20 AM
ATVAlliance

ORIGINAL: Stump1000

I thought I'd respond to my original thread here, instead of making a new one. I've got the cyclic control down pretty good with my Blade MCX2 and it's getting kind of boring now. I ordered Real Flight 6.5 but haven't received it yet.

I want a collective pitch heli that can be flown outdoors. The guy I deal with at my LHS suggested a Blade Nano CPX. I'd like to hear some suggestions for a $200-300 RTF collective pitch heli. Thanks!

Your experience is "typical" of someone who starts out with a coax heli. This is why I never suggest them and always suggest the mCPX or now the new Nano cpX.

Listen to your LHS guy...hes giving you good advice.