Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Can someone pick one for me?

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Can someone pick one for me?

Old 12-30-2012, 04:36 PM
freeman45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone pick one for me?

Hey guys and gals. I'd like to pick up a new toy during boxing week. The only problem is that i'm a complete noob and am not sure what to choose, so I request your assistance!
Can someone please point out the Best-Bang-For-Your-Buck model? Some of them have a savings of up to $50-75, are those any good, or are they pure garbage?

Here's a link to the models for more info.

I just got banned from another forum for this same question, I guess they thought I was a bot or something, spamming it up. Which is understandable.

I can assure you, i'm not. Send me a PM and we can chat it up if you want proof. Please don't ban me.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:06 PM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: Can someone pick one for me?

I wouldn't pick any of those. i would get a blade msr and a dx6i. but that's just me. i want something i can get parts for and i know horizon hobbies have great customer service.

also, welcome to the forum
Old 01-01-2013, 12:52 AM
Goggles
My Feedback: (4)

You could pick any one of those, and on your first flight you crash it. Where are you going to get parts? Future shop isn't going to have customer service and/or parts. Always...always buy something you can get parts for. Nothin is right, for $50 more on some of those models you can get a [link=http://www.bladehelis.com/]Blade[/link] heli, some come with transmitters and most can be bought at you local hobby store and they'll carry the parts to fix it.

This is a fun hobby, but it can get expensive real quick....but it's a fun hobby.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:06 AM
ArtW

Do you have a simulator? When I teach people to fly, I encourage them to NOT buy a physical model but rather buy the simulator and practice. You can save enormous sums of money, learn to actually fly, and then buy a plane or heli that will last more than a single flight. Get a RealFlight simulator on mode 2. Practice until you can fly. Then buy a collective pitch helicopter (MCPX2) and you will actually be able to learn how to do it.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:28 PM
freeman45

Great idea! What simulator program would you recommend?

ORIGINAL: ArtW

Do you have a simulator? When I teach people to fly, I encourage them to NOT buy a physical model but rather buy the simulator and practice. You can save enormous sums of money, learn to actually fly, and then buy a plane or heli that will last more than a single flight. Get a RealFlight simulator on mode 2. Practice until you can fly. Then buy a collective pitch helicopter (MCPX2) and you will actually be able to learn how to do it.

I went with you guys's advice and skipped the futureshop crap. I posted the same question on a number of forums and got pretty much the same answer.

But this forum was the only one that didn't ban me lol... the rest thought I was spam.

I guess i'll stay on this one for now.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:49 PM
RC Aviator

Phoenix and Realflight are really good simulators. Well worth it by saving on crashes. Realflight uses CGI and Phoenix uses 360° photography. And both have real models ( models that can be bought), helicopters and planes as well.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Solman

Trash them all! As said, simulator is good. If you really want something, get a Blade MCX. 4 channel, easy to fly, and you can get parts.