Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Blade CP X beginner

Old 02-25-2013, 08:28 AM
BradSD
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade CP X beginner

Been flying planes for maybe 18 years or so, thought I would jump into the world of Helicopters so I picked up a Blade CP X. Been flying in the livingroom and training on a old version of Real Flight. This is a video of the me flying the little jewel after only one month. My 15 year old daughter is trying to keep up with the cam. We had a family day out on a beautiful winter day.
http://youtu.be/nPGRAwXE_JU
Old 02-28-2013, 01:39 PM
a70eliminator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Blade CP X beginner

Thats pretty good, I fly planes too and learning to fly my nano has been more of a challenge than I expected, got it for chrismas and only now can confidently fly it around the living room without crashing. I haven't had it outside on the open yet. I still have not developed instincts to spin it 180 and face me without thinking about it, although I just flew my plane off the frozen lake last week no problems whatsover with nose or tail orientation but ironically still can't get it with my heli lol.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:20 PM
BradSD

I know what you mean on the orientation, I also struggle when the heli is not facing outward bound. I am getting better all the time and like you said, flying planes I have no problems at all. Helis are harder to fly to be sure.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:21 PM
jackeylewis

well, it flys good, do you have fun in playing with the rc helicopters? what is the difference of flying a real plane and a toy helicopter?
Old 03-01-2013, 03:13 AM
a70eliminator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When the rc heli crashes you don't die lol.
Was refering to rc planes and helis not real ones and i have no clue as how they compare other than aerodynamics.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:06 AM
BradSD

Well if you are talking about RC then the dif is that a plane is more predictable, it just glides along with no worries, a few corrections is about all that is needed. A heli is like blancing a marble on a plate of glass, it is a fight from the start to finish.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:03 AM
Barrymartin

Well thanks for sharing this video wtih us its really interesting , RC helicopters are lots of fun and easy to fly even for younger pilots, am also a big fan of Rc vehicle especially Rc helicopter.....