Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Camcorder/Phone/Cam Helmet made from Foam

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Camcorder/Phone/Cam Helmet made from Foam

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 11:44 PM
kunte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Camcorder/Phone/Cam Helmet made from Foam

Camcorder helmet for action videoing made from foam (6mm Depron Foam). Can be easily made to accommodate phones, flips, action cams, or pen cams. Obviously not suitable for motorbikes/high speed, but perfect for countless hobbies/uses where hands are not free. Driving, fishing, horse riding, golf, remote control planes/cars/boats, climbing, etc etc.
Rc hobbies are particularly difficult to video as the plane/glider/helicopter /car/boat travels areas greater than the capture screen. The second problem is the 'videoer' has to second guess where the plane etc is going to go to keep it in frame. However, with my design, the plane etc never leaves the frame, as the user naturally moves their head as the plane etc tracks. The results are much more watchable, more smooth, and by nature of capturing more ground/sky than on a tripod, much more interesting and entertaining.
It is very quick and cheap to make, the only requirements are foam friendly glue (Welders Glue in US, UHU Por in UK). The plans and detailed instructions can be made available here if there is demand. The video below details the uses and benefits of my design, it is NOT a build video. I could make one of these if there is demand, but i will wait to see. It takes a lot of time and effort to make video's and upload them for other people's benefit, and for what, only for people to hit the dislike button!

http://youtu.be/Z1tktrZWlN4