Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

LaTrax Alias Battery Upgrade

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

LaTrax Alias Battery Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 06:22 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LaTrax Alias Battery Upgrade

Hi,
I'm a RC car guy, so I'm way away from home posting in the helicopter section here. I have an Alias and have used and recharged my original battery that came in the RTF box a lot, and it is near death I believe. It only charges to 300mah out of the 650mah at 1.3A for 20 minutes. I looked into buying another battery, but I was wondering if I could get a higher mah rated battery that would fit in the battery compartment for longer run times? Or maybe a battery with a higher C rating to increase the current and punch? It didn't seem like the battery lasted that long. I was good to it too! I let it cool before and after charging, never dropped the battery, carefully connected the battery connectors, etc. I did notice how thin this battery is. It's only 1S but really thin. I can't find another one like it...

Anybody else have an Alias and running a different battery?

Thanks,

DH
Old 05-07-2014, 06:27 PM
DieHarder

Anybody..... Anybody.......
Old 05-15-2014, 05:46 PM
DieHarder

Never mind, I finally found one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/331199107227...227%26_rdc%3D1 30C is an upgrade from 20C and it has 700mah instead of 650mah. It's also cheaper with shipping. I will be using these in the future for sure!
Old 12-19-2015, 05:16 PM
DieHarder

UPDATE:

These things suck. Lasted less than 75 charges. It was great when it was new, definitely a punch increase. Now it doesn't even last 5 minutes. My original Traxxas one is still pulling stronger than this one.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:13 AM
jeeprubicon2k3

Thanks for the update! I'm looking at getting an Alias soon.