Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Hirobo support?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 08:38 PM
308jockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hirobo support?????

Evening all,

I'm sure this is old news to anyone who flies helis regularly but what happened to Hirobo? We have a pair of Shuttles and a Sceadu among others and haven't done much with them the last couple of years. Got them out and checked everything over and took them out to do some hovering and found both Shuttles need clutches. Then we find there are apparently none to be had and Hirobo is not being supported in the US. What happened? I know these are older machines but they did what we wanted them to do and have plenty of life left in them. Is there a parts source elsewhere outside the US? I'm not prepared to just toss three useable machines and a bunch of parts and go buy the latest thing just to be in the same boat in a few years. I don't do a lot of hard heli flying so tend not to tear up a lot of equipment. I've also noticed there is an awful lot of junk out there mixed in with some very good flying machines. Thanks in advance.

Rick H.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:34 AM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, all the junk out there has forced many great manufaturers out of the North American market. It has now even lowered the standards expected by the masses. Low quality design, manufacturing and support that was not tolerated 10 years ago are now considered normal.