Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Please tell me about the Raptor 60...

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Please tell me about the Raptor 60...

Old 10-02-2015, 01:29 PM
Sigma.40
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please tell me about the Raptor 60...

I have a chance to buy a completely RTF Raptor 60 in mint condition for $200 tomorrow. I'm going to go ahead and say that this is a pretty good deal. Before I do, can anyone tell me about it? I used to have a Raptor 30 and it is one of my life's biggest regrets that I sold it. How does the 60 compare to the 30? Parts seem readily available, is that true? Is it a decent aircraft?

- FWIW I'm pretty much just going to hover it for awhile, maybe work my way into flying it around slowly. 3D is not even on my list of priorities. I was able to hover the 30 pretty decently before I sold it. I did crash it, but I think that was due more to me losing my focus on it with like 15 people watching me fly. I rebuilt it and later sold it. I've spent 4 years now regretting that.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 10-03-2015, 07:45 PM
Sigma.40
My Feedback: (1)

Wow, the heli section has kind of died out here since the last time I had helicopters...
Old 10-22-2015, 04:03 PM
AVM10

i like the raptor 60 old school but works great and very easy to work on
Old 11-02-2015, 09:09 PM
Basil Yousif
My Feedback: (3)

I have a flown all the Raptors 30 50 and 60 sized. There very good performers and for $200 that's a incredible deal if your getting everything with it. There just giving it away to you for that price. The Raptors use the older setup where there's one servo controlling each function. The newer system CCPM three servos do all the jobs of Pitch Aileron and Elevator functions together sharing the work load and increasing the response time. You won't notice too much difference if your starting out but if you do advanced stund 3D flying you'll; need to go to a Align CCPM type Helicopter. This is great to start!!