Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

My "Heli Wagon"

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 10:31 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My "Heli Wagon"

So I'm fortunate enough to live within walking distance of a nice little park where I can fly 500 and smaller helis. Previously, I would stuff a couple extra batteries in my pockets, grab the helo in one hand, the radio in the other, and then walk over and fly. It wasn't tough, but I often wanted to bring all eight of my 3X 2200's, or more than one helo.

So looking around my garage at some scrap materials, I decided to to create what I call my "Heli Wagon."

It's a simple PVC pipe frame with the fittings I had on hand. The bottom 2inches of each leg is halved to fit into the lugs where the side panels used to go. I built in a little tension in the legs to friction fit so it doesn't pop out too easily over small bumps.

I'm all about simple, and the platform is some scrap fiberboard from some furniture shipping crates, attached by heavy zip ties. The rails are sign stakes I bought but didn't use, and the screws are all scrap from the bottom of a toolbox. I don't need the high security of skid clamps, so I just used some stick on wire retainers I bought for dirt cheap.

I still have to add a hanger for my radio and some sort of sun shade, but the major part is done. Thought I'd share the idea.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Heli Wagon 0.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	2164737   Click image for larger version

Name:	Heli Wagon 1.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	2164738   Click image for larger version

Name:	Heli Wagon 2.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	2164739   Click image for larger version

Name:	Heli Wagon 3.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	2164740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Heli Wagon 4.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	2164741   Click image for larger version

Name:	Heli Wagon 5.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	2164742  
Old 05-28-2016, 11:32 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Very nice..!
The cart idea is a good example of how time spent in preparation to make things easier is always time well spent.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:34 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by combatpigg
Very nice..!
The cart idea is a good example of how time spent in preparation to make things easier is always time well spent.
Thanks. It would have been fancier if I'd gone out and bought stuff, but for this I was determined to build something with what I already had on hand.