Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

X-cell 60

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2023, 02:31 AM
Elic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking X-cell 60

Can anyone tell me how to get a hold of Ted or Tim Schoonard? My uncle had them custom build him a X-cell 60 30 years ago, and I just recently inherited it. It is still brand new with roughly only 15 to 20 minutes. Runtime never been flown other than being on a training stand. I never knew this site existed until yesterday. Been trying to dig around some. Thanks everyone hope everybody has a great day..!

Last edited by Elic; 05-23-2023 at 02:36 AM. Reason: None
Old 05-31-2023, 05:01 PM
KCorning
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Miniature Aircraft

Hello,
Bad news and good news. The Schoonard family no longer owns Miniature Aircraft, however MA is still around....in Germany. RCU isn't very active, any more (shop. miniatureaircraft. de). If you have specific questions regarding your inherited helicopter, you may have better luck at HeliFreak or RC Groups. Good luck.

-Kevin
The following users liked this post:
Elic (06-20-2023)
Old 06-21-2023, 02:47 AM
Elic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-cell

Originally Posted by KCorning
Hello,
Bad news and good news. The Schoonard family no longer owns Miniature Aircraft, however MA is still around....in Germany. RCU isn't very active, any more (shop. miniatureaircraft. de). If you have specific questions regarding your inherited helicopter, you may have better luck at HeliFreak or RC Groups. Good luck.

-Kevin
Hey Hello. Good news I was able to get in touch with Tim Schoonard and everything you said above is correct.👍 we had roughly about an hour, long conversation about the history of the company and how he’s doing now. he’s doing great!! and he still lives in Florida.😎 I asked him if he would like to go back over the helicopter that he built for my uncle and he said he doesn’t have the time or the tools to do it anymore. so he referred me to his pilot and really good friend that used to fly for the company back in the 90s that won a world championship for them. That is still flying X-cell 60’s his name is Cliff Hiatt. So I called him up and asked him if he would be interested in going back over the helicopter. and installing a new radio. he said he would be more than happy to.👍👍👍 super awesome guy very very knowledgeable. Tim told me that he’s more particular than he was in building helicopters back in the day. so I’m saving money right now for a new radio and going to send it to him in roughly about two months for a winter project. Thanks everyone for stopping bye. hope everyone has a great day.!👍😎 Michael.