Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Throttle Jockey installed and very pleased

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Throttle Jockey installed and very pleased

Old 12-30-2003, 06:04 AM
raiki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Jockey installed and very pleased

Guys

Just thought I'd let you know that I have installed a Throttle Jockey in my Raptor 30 V1 and it works very well. The calibration doesn't follow the instructions or the web site but trial and error fixed that.

Currently using 1670rpm. I haven't thrown it around the sky yet but I have moved into fast forward flight and pulled the nose up high and full negative to try and speed the rotors up. I must say I was quite impressed.

Using a JR 3810 TX I have the rpm mixed into flight modes using aux3 because I don't have a spare channel. Flight mode N (hover) uses no governing, mode 1 (ST1) and mode 2 (ST2) each have their own independant setting for rpm.
Old 01-01-2004, 07:43 PM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

Default RE: Throttle Jockey installed and very pleased

I'm getting ready to try mine out myself, will see how it goes.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:34 PM
j_keiter
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Throttle Jockey installed and very pleased

I love my throttle jockey too. Screwed up on my magnet install. I just did not follow directions exactly. I installed both facing the on direction such that two pulses were seen for every revolution. Governor would kick on way too soon since it saw double rpm. Drilled tiny hole on back on fan and pushed magnet out with a sharp awl. Flipped it around and glued it back in and everthing works great. I assigned the aux channel that the head speed line is connected to, to the idle up switch. This way I set 1600rpm for normal flight and 1800 for idle up 1 and 2. I used an infrared boom mounted lcd display tach to adjust the end limits and thus set my head speed for 1600 and 1800. For some reason decreasing my endlimits increases the head speed which seems opposite to what the instructions told me. Does not matter as I just used the boom tach to nail the rpm. I'm using a futaba 9chp. Throttle jockey performs very well with tumbling hard stuff. It really keeps up. I'm very pleased for $70 from www.heliproz.com. I aslo have found the venom temp sensor invaluable. I was reaching 280F when I installed the temp sensor. Amazingly the low idle adjust made a huge difference in max head temp. Main needle had no observable affect. I left the hi needle about 3.5 turns out and just worked on the low. It's a tt50 not and OS50sx-h. My max temps after hard flight are around 235F. I put the diode loop snug under the top head fins. Oh yea, watch out for the venom temp sensor. The watch battery inside came loose on mine. I thought it died after only an hour of use. A littel servo tape on the back of the cover and everthing tightend up. No more loose battery.

Good luck to all Jason from Vacaville, CA Raptor V2 50 size.