Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Hirobo shuttle plus and TT Raptor

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Hirobo shuttle plus and TT Raptor

Old 01-06-2004, 10:44 PM
polyhedron_12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hirobo shuttle plus and TT Raptor

I've been looking into buying a copter and have been looking at the mechanisms that make the pitches change on the two.

The shuttle looks like it uses the left and right tilt at the same time to change the overall pitch.

On the raptor, it seems to have one servo that moves the overall pitch at the same time, and then a servo that alternates left and right pitch.

In other words, on the shuttle overall pitch and left/right pitch are not independent, while on the raptor they are

It seems to me that the raptor's technique would be a much stronger and stable technique.

Am I right about this?
Old 01-07-2004, 03:21 AM
raiki

Default RE: Hirobo shuttle plus and TT Raptor

The new Shuttle SWM system is a form of eCCPM using three servos at 90 degrees. A fairly simple system. Most of the high end helicopters these days use 3 servo 120 degree eCCPM, while the Raptor uses a mechanical collective mixer.

Basically 120 degree eCCPM uses 3 servos for the collective, the Shuttle SWM uses 2 servos for collective while the Raptor uses one. The more servos the more powerful the COLLECTIVE system. I am not knocking the Raptor, I own one (30v1), I think it works well.

You are obviously new to helicopters so I doubt you will notice any difference in flying any of the above systems so you should choose the helicopter that is the most common at your club.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:24 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Although you may not notice the difference in how they fly, the two helicopters are a world apart. I have had both, and the raptor is way more helicopter. I didn't think much of the shuttles. I had two of them and they were not even close to the raptor in quality. I think the raptor is a way better machine to learn on. If you are trying to choose between the two, I would seriously look at the raptor.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:03 PM
polyhedron_12

Thanks,

I just bought a shuttle. As far as a club goes, I'm still looking around for one. Until then, i guess i'll be in my back yard.

Wish me luck!
Old 01-07-2004, 04:07 PM
FLYBOY

It will work for you. Don't mean to make it sound that bad. Just make sure and tie it down before you start it so it doesn't get away while you are setting it up. Make sure it is all working the right way, don't get impatient. If you can find help, it will save you at least one crash and possibly more. My students that I help don't crash till they start screwing around. Every one that has tried on his own has crashed once or twice before they come to me for help. Good instruction pays. You will be fine. Just make sure it is all put together right.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:06 AM
raiki

I learned by myself, mostly in the back yard to start with. If you are looking to save crashing get yourself a simulator.

I had the CSM 3 in 1 V9. A bit antiquated by todays standards but I still think it flies better than G2 (sure to get some argument on that one). It has paid for itself a number of times. I have owned 3 helicopters (Kyosho Concept 30 (one of the first), Kalt Space Baron S (Enforcer ZR) and the Raptor 30) and so far have not crashed one, although I fly like an old woman most times.

I hope I haven't just jinxed myself.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:36 PM
FLYBOY

Sims are great. I learned way before sims and managed to learn without breaking one. Didn't do that till I started aerobatics. I do like the sim though. I bought one a few years ago and it is a great learning tool. I would have never guessed it but I use it more than I thought I would.