Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

PLS HELP! HOW TO CONTROL JR PCM9X THROUGH PC?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

PLS HELP! HOW TO CONTROL JR PCM9X THROUGH PC?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 05:10 AM
edward_pfleider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLS HELP! HOW TO CONTROL JR PCM9X THROUGH PC?

HELLO! IM WORKING ON A PROJECT RIGHT NOW AND WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS HOW TO CONTROL MY PCM9X RADIO FOR MY HIROBO SHUTTLE THROUGH MY PC OR COMPUTER. MY GOAL IS TO BE ABLE TO FLY MY SHUTTLE HELICOPTER THROUGH THE PC USING THE KEYBOARD. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION ON HOW I CAN DO THIS? YOU CAN SEND IT TO ME THROUGH MY E-MAIL: [email protected]. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I HOPE SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME! THAT'S ALL... GOD BLESS....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74595.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	96199   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75249.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	96200   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl21661.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	96201  
Old 02-05-2004, 04:42 AM
raiki

Default RE: PLS HELP! HOW TO CONTROL JR PCM9X THROUGH PC?

I'd have to ask why but there is a simple solution.

Make a microprocessor adapter that plugs into the computer serial port (or parallel) and the buddy box plug on the radio. Your computer can then send the PPM train to your radio which will transmit.

It's all pretty simple really but flying a helicopter from a keyboard ???????????

Adrian
Old 02-06-2004, 08:20 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Write a program for your PC to talk to your interface card via transmitter. Or better yet record your flight thought your computer, save loop the program and let the computer fly the helicopter by it self.
Old 02-06-2004, 02:38 PM
MSD

I would get yourself a copy of Realflight G2. All you have to do is plugin and go. SORTED

MSD
Old 02-07-2004, 02:49 AM
mart o

Raiki
how do you make a microprocessor adapter? I have a couple of freeware sims but no lead.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:39 AM
raiki

Mart O

It's a bit more complex than I suggested, but only because you want to go the other way. You need to know what protocol the sims need and write the software to suit. There are plenty of DIY adapters for FMS and the like on the like. Maybe try the FMS homepage for links.

The actual adapter doesn't contain much more than the microprocessor. The trick is in the software. It would read the PPM pulse train from the TXs buddy box and encode that in a serial signal. Again pretty simple and you can even program it in basic if you so desire (with some performance constaints).

There are plenty of examples on the net about how to get a MicroChip PIC or an Atmel micro to read the pulse lengths for servos.

Adrian